naruto gone too far?

takaiyux

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont think its lost its edge, especially if you watch it a bit at a time. i've watched all of naruto and now im watching shippuden but waiting for it to be dubbed so i watch 10 eps in a week or two and then wait for it to be released in eng dub again. some of the story lines can get a bit soft but then they always back it up with something awesome.

Ah the universal consensus that fillers suck. Shippuden is a lot better, and I mean A LOT, but I still just read the manga mostly. When there is a cool fight I type in the fight in youtube and just watch that rather than the whole episode. The show can't hold my attention any other way anymore.

As for the animation its the classic old versus new thing. I like the more detailed hand drawn artwork of the older shows but then you get a drop is color/effects/fluid animation quality. But if it is all done on computers you tend to see a lot of flat looking characters who are almost static the whole time.

• 3 weeks later...
I think I'm the other way, I prefer the animation of the first 50 episodes as apposed to the episodes after. Like episode 54 they switched to animating in 480p wide-screen (HD) via complete use of of computers. Before hand they hand-drew a lot of it like the older Anime, thus leaving in more detailed artwork, etc.. Now the characters have lack of details, and they use more shading instead of lines for designs which just make the characters appear more flat and almost clay-like at times. That and well episode 166 was horribly, horribly animated. None of the characters even looked close to how the should. There is actually a petition from fans asking for a version 2 of the episode for DVD release.

- Even though in a funny way i liked episode 166, it did look a bit poorly animated (not that I could do any better but anyways) the way they made pains face sometimes was a little creepy...cough anyways back to subject.

With the fillers it does feel like they really trying to drag it on (which they are since it is catching up with the manga and if it does that it would probably land up like for example elfen lied where they ended the anime before the manga...)

-But even so it still good to watch ... sometimes for me it is a little akward since I always compare it with the manga...but it is still good...and it will start getting better .. some pretty interesting things keep popping up in the manga so im on the edge of my seat to see it happen in the anime.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but at the beginning of shippuuden, the animation quality was a bit...poor, I mean it was alright but something about it was noticeably bad. I think one of the reasons people may say it's lost it's edge(me included) is due to the fact that it has become a bit too redundant and predictable, meaning that just about everything you'd expect to happen, happens.

In my opinion,if you really want people to regain interest, then they should simply up the mortality rate of some of the main characters. You tend to appreciate a character a lot more when you've come close to losing them/lost them for example Asuma/Jiraiya.

most people have this issue against the animation quality, but it is not. as for me, i dont much focus on how it is animated, im much more prefer to it to be based on the manga itself. on top of that, if you are the type of person who can watch some old and some odd art style anime then i guess that there is no problem with some poor animation in the series.

as for killing some important people, it is a good setup to set the mood in the series, as far for the whole naruto series including shippuuden. i can tell that the most epic episodes there are the deaths of 3rd and jiraiya.

Imo and 99% of the population that watches naruto, the original naruto lost its edge at around episode 140 when they aired the fillers (Not to sure on the actual episode number) The shippuuden I only watch in dub and I gotta say it is not as good as it could be, the episodes seem to be dragged out a bit to long a lot of the times, especially the fights scenes, mainly the Sasori fight, that went on a little to long.

one of the reasons was the abundance of filler episodes that they have added to the story. before naruto shippuuden was released, most of the die hard naruto fans suffer the wrath of that 2 year filler arc (it is 137 - 220).

naruto shippuuden was really anticipated by most people that there will be less fillers but it seems that for every arc that is finished, they will take a long break of filler episodes in a minimum of number of 10 for what kind of reason that they have (money? to maintain the distance of manga to the anime, yeah whatever..)

• 2 months later...
It hasn't lost it's edge..sure some episodes are a bit dragged out..but it's still good.

Agreed... though some of the fillers really do kill me ..like some of the recent fillers showing the history of the village .... i wanted to stab myself...:dhh:but I'm happy now since they back on track with the actual story =]