naruto gone too far?

takaiyux

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but at the beginning of shippuuden, the animation quality was a bit...poor, I mean it was alright but something about it was noticeably bad, all the way up to after they met Sasuke, but it has greatly improved now, so I think in that aspect, it has gained an edge and honestly if you ignore the fillers where my previous complaint is mostly present it's an alright show overall. I think one of the reasons people may say it's lost it's edge(me included) is due to the fact that it has become a bit too redundant and predictable, meaning that just about everything you'd expect to happen, happens, I for one was really disappointed when Hinata didn't die, I mean, that was the perfect opportunity for an interesting plot twist,there are people who got injured less severely than her and they died(mostly non-important people though) of course the predictability has been remedied in the recent manga chapters( a bit late unfortunately)

In my opinion,if you really want people to regain interest, then they should simply up the mortality rate of some of the main characters. You tend to appreciate a character a lot more when you've come close to losing them/lost them for example Asuma/Jiraiya.

I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but at the beginning of shippuuden, the animation quality was a bit...poor, I mean it was alright but something about it was noticeably bad, all the way up to after they met Sasuke, but it has greatly improved now, so I think in that aspect, it has gained an edge and honestly if you ignore the fillers where my previous complaint is mostly present it's an alright show overall. I think one of the reasons people may say it's lost it's edge(me included) is due to the fact that it has become a bit too redundant and predictable, meaning that just about everything you'd expect to happen, happens, I for one was really disappointed when Hinata didn't die, I mean, that was the perfect opportunity for an interesting plot twist,there are people who got injured less severely than her and they died(mostly non-important people though) of course the predictability has been remedied in the recent manga chapters( a bit late unfortunately)

In my opinion,if you really want people to regain interest, then they should simply up the mortality rate of some of the main characters. You tend to appreciate a character a lot more when you've come close to losing them/lost them for example Asuma/Jiraiya.

I think I'm the other way, I prefer the animation of the first 50 episodes as apposed to the episodes after. Like episode 54 they switched to animating in 480p wide-screen (HD) via complete use of of computers. Before hand they hand-drew a lot of it like the older Anime, thus leaving in more detailed artwork, etc.. Now the characters have lack of details, and they use more shading instead of lines for designs which just make the characters appear more flat and almost clay-like at times. That and well episode 166 was horribly, horribly animated. None of the characters even looked close to how the should. There is actually a petition from fans asking for a version 2 of the episode for DVD release.

• 3 weeks later...

Imo and 99% of the population that watches naruto, the original naruto lost its edge at around episode 140 when they aired the fillers (Not to sure on the actual episode number) The shippuuden I only watch in dub and I gotta say it is not as good as it could be, the episodes seem to be dragged out a bit to long a lot of the times, especially the fights scenes, mainly the Sasori fight, that went on a little to long. But don't get me wrong, I still think it is a great anime, but just a little "rough on the edges", can't think of a better way to describe it.

Its still a fun anime and storyline to watch. I agree with previous posts about the quality being a bit poor, though that can be overlooked, since imo it has improved during the latest episodes. Ofc, I'm not particularly fussy when dissecting the shipuuden episodes, I'm just happy to watch the story (fillers mostly excluded). Hopefully, though, it improves, because it would be a shame to see the animators failing to adequately doing their part.

• 2 weeks later...

I find naruto is becoming more and more effected by the fact that the audience is changing from older teens to younger kids due to the Disney XD obviously, wish graphic anime could be more commercialized and actually played on tv!!

Also thought of another thing, any body think that Broken Bonds was a complete epic fail of a game compared to the first which lets face was so much more smoother and the adventure seemed so much more comfortable. yeah i guess the second one you can play with different characters and stuff but the gameplay is completely different and it just sucks in my opinion!

there are some episodes where the quality is just so off....like episode 167....when Pain hits the ground to release all that water....he looks like clay or something...it's freaky...but at least they haven't lost focus of the story. It's a long anime but it's awesome!!!