Chaos's Random Fact of the Day

Chaos92

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fastest plane! :o

Its, interesting, but whats 'sorties?'

Sortie is basically just a flight which counts for missions,training,etc....

@spidey thats kinda what i thought. ^_^

@wolf i think they are 33,000,000 bucks a plane and cost 50,000 dollars an hour to keep in the air so it will get exspensive to own.lol

Fact update...

Today i am going to talk about dreams. Dream is a semi-conscious state where we have absolutely no control over our thoughts and expressions (unless we master lucid dreaming which may be hard because you would have to be aware of the dream that you are dreaming.lol). Most of us spend six years or more of our lifetime dreaming. Research has proven that all of us dream at least twice or more in our sleep though we may not remember the dreams when we get up. In 5 minutes of waking, half of our dream is forgotten and within 10 minutes, almost all dreams are forgotten. People who are blind from birth dream as well. It is just that the dreams of these individuals are formed by other sense like touch, smell, sound and taste. Lucid dreams are the dreams where the person dreaming can take full or partial control of their dreams. Here are the best ways to go about being aware that we are dreaming.

1.Writing down and keeping track of your dreams is very important.

2.Looking for signs or triggers that can help us stay aware that we are in dreaming state.

Once a person starts dreaming lucidly they can control the imaginary experiences in the dream environment. This is actually extremely important for people that have an unusual amount of nightmares. Something else that is a just so you know kind of thing is that our body is paralyzed during our dreams in the biggest likely hood to prevent the body from acting out dreams.Oh and dreams occur during REM sleep. (Rapid Eye Movement)

Hope you enjoyed todays fact. ^_^

Haha, I knew a lot of that. My brother is trying to keep up with lucid dreams because his mates are. I ask him how it is every now and again. :P

If you can control your dreams, lucid dreams, its basically a form of staying awake since you can do anything you want, but it takes a long time to accomplish and includes things like the sleep paralysis you mentioned and facing fears as in nightmares.

Btw, thank you for explaining the previous fact, I understand now. (:

Fact update...

Todays fact is dedicated to the tator club of kametsu so fittingly i am going to talk about the potatoe. ^_^ There are about about 100 varieties of edible potatoes. They are classified most of the time as either mature potatoes (the large potatoes that we are generally familiar with) and new potatoes (those that are harvested before maturity and are of a much smaller size).Potatoes originated in South America in th Andean Moutains somewherearound 4,000 to 7,000 years ago and were introduced to Europe by Spanish explorers who "discovered" them. When they were first introduced into europe some people thought they were poisonous while others were suspicious of them because they were not mentioned in the Bible. Potatoes didnt even become popular in the United States until the 1800's even though they were thought to be brought here by immigrants(irish most likely) in the 1700's. Also it was found that potatoes actually help lower blood pressure. Potatoes beleive it are not are loaded with fiber and vitamin B(B6 to be exact) anyways they are good for cardiovascular health. Anyways now you see so many kind of potatoe foods such as french fries which originated in belgium and tater tots they originated in th United States in 1953 and why do i mention them over there hash brown orgins well because they are bite sized and are amazing if cooked for the right amount of time. And here is a little fact thats kinda just a side note... Potato blossoms used to be the hottest royal fashion accessory. Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette were both known to wear potato blossoms to spiff up their outfits.

Anyways hope you enjoyed your fact today. ^_^

Fact Update....

Well i havent updated the fact in a few days but its back today. Today we are going to talk about eyes and well how they work and some other stuff. ^_^ The eye is very complex and consist of over 2 million functioning parts. Besides your brain it is one of the most complex organs we have, i mean under the right conditions our eyes can see a candle flame from miles away. The eye is the only part of the human body that can function at 100% ability at any moment, day or night, without rest. Your eyelids need rest, the external muscles of your eyes need rest also, the lubrication of your eyes is required to be replenished, but your eyes themselves "never" need rest. Anyways your eye consist of many parts you may have heard of, such as the cornea,iris, and pupil but there is a little more to it then that.

The irs is responsible for controlling the diameter and size of the pupils and it also controls the amount of light reaching the pupil. Also it is the part of the eye that is colored. The pupil is located in the center of the iris and it appears black in color although it is not black that is the light entering in and asorbed by the tissue so in all truth the pupil has no color it just lets light into the eye. The cornea helps refract light and well the great thing it is the only part that can be transplanted regardless of blood type...etc. I could keep listing stuff such as the lens the the vitreous humor and well alot others but that could make for a huge amoun of reading.lol So here is a last few things to know... when someone says they are colorblind it doesnt mean they see black and white(most of the time) in most cases they cant see specific colors such as red blu green and so on. As most know eye color is all hereditary there is more to it but thats basically an overveiw of it. Oh and one last thing when you take a picture and the person in it has red eyes that is because the flash causes sudden light on the pupil with no time to asorb it you see the blood vessels in the pupil.

Hope you enjoyed todays fact. ^_^

• 3 weeks later...

Fact Update!!!!

Today we are going to talk a little greek mythology. According to greek mythology everything began withwas the primal deity, a formless state known as chaos or Khaos which was beleived to exsisted before the creation of the universe. Hesiod a Greek oral poet generally thought by scholars to have been alive somewherein 700BC used the Greek term of chaos in the context of cosmogony or in short how the universe came into exsistance. Hesiod's ideas about Chaos has often been interpreted as a moving, formless mass from which the cosmos and the greek gods originated. Anyways basically it all started with chaos and next to emerge from chaos came Nyx.Nyx was the goddess of the night a figure in the shadows, Nyx stood at or near the beginning of creation, and was the mother of personified gods such as Hypnos (sleep) and Thanatos (death). Her appearances in mythology are few at best, but reveal her as a figure of having a decent amount power and beauty. Along with that came gaia who was in greek mythology, well mother nature and she supposedly had a son named uranus and well he became her husband which is weird but then again thats how it all links together according to greek mythology but anyways gaia had the gods most people know today and she is also known as mother titan. And another interesting thing to look at is when you switch over to the roman equivalent of the greek gods. Gaia in roman terms was known as Terra. Anyways its not the greatest fact but it gives you an idea of the orgins that are beleived in greek mythology and its not the average greek mythology stuff that most people know.

Anyways i hope you enjoyed todays fact.^_^