Favorite Type of Music

RedXIII

Genre  

40 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favorite kind of genre?

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Favorite would have to be metal... i'm not talking about todays metal, i'm talking back in the day when solo's ruled the world xD bands like Metallica(80's) Pantera, Iron Maiden, Megadeth, Ozzy, Zakk Wylde ect...

I'm also big on classical, also my favorite type to play, stuff like paganini and neo classical.

Yeah thats about it, just more into the stuff thats really technical and heavy theory based.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I like a large variety; Rock, Metal, Punk, Techno, Industrial... actually, it would be easiest to just say what i don't like...

Rap, R&B, Hip-Hop, Country, Bluegrass, Gospel, Jazz, and that kind of stuff...

Remember, music is like candy, you throw away the rappers. (Rappers purposely spelled like the occupation... yea... I've had people completely misunderstand that saying.)

• 2 years later...

Im in to electronic music such as techno and many other sub genres like.

Happy Hardcore, Hardstyle, Trance, Freeform hardcore, UK hardcore and many others. But i also listen to rap and some heavy metal but once you get into good electronic music, other genres never satisfy your craving for raving.

The music I listen to the most are RPG soundtracks. I have a nice collection of them. ^.^ (and yes, I own them legally >.<;; *points to CDs sitting on shelf*)

video game music aside, I am not really stuck on any certain genre of music. Although I do avoid rap. And I will not voluntarily listen to country or jazz. I'll listen to what's on at the time, or I'll scroll through the radio stations until I hear a song that clicks with me.

I am rather fond of symphonic metal though ^^;;

• 2 weeks later...

When alone, I prefer instrumental music; RPG soundtracks are the most common things playing. I also like a number of classical composers, especially from the Russian school. In the evening I enjoy light jazz with my coffee.

While running, I tend towards darkwave/electronica, and introduce some lyrical songs to help with concentration.

If I'm in a group, I'll take upbeat or light jazz for preference, at a low volume to facilitate conversation.