One Piece FUNimation Dub Discussion

Kid Ryan

pretty good since that the whole skypiea arc was finished.. in the least, even if Funimation will stop licensing the series till water 7.. they ended it in a nice way

You do realize they finished dubbing Skypiea over 3 years ago, yet they took all this time to put it on DVD? I would have hoped in 3 years time they would have completed a lot more episodes, but apparently for some reason they haven't licensed season 4 according to rumors. I really don't see how it'll be possible that they hadn't already gotten the license given the time frame, but you know rumors will be rumors.

I just hope that is all they are and that FUNimation hasn't wasted the last three years and continues to release the sets. I only hope they'd pick up the pace, but I do understand why they can't and don't. Gotta have time between to make money and all you know.

It would be sweet if they could get a new TV deal though. It could really speed up seeing the dub.

You do realize they finished dubbing Skypiea over 3 years ago, yet they took all this time to put it on DVD? I would have hoped in 3 years time they would have completed a lot more episodes, but apparently for some reason they haven't licensed season 4 according to rumors. I really don't see how it'll be possible that they hadn't already gotten the license given the time frame, but you know rumors will be rumors.

I just hope that is all they are and that FUNimation hasn't wasted the last three years and continues to release the sets. I only hope they'd pick up the pace, but I do understand why they can't and don't. Gotta have time between to make money and all you know.

It would be sweet if they could get a new TV deal though. It could really speed up seeing the dub.

the whole water 7 arc is just too long, and it would probably take some time and lots of release just to translate the episodes up to its end.

G8 Headquarters, Davy Back Fight, Water 7, Seatrain, Enies Lobby, Post Water 7.. that's about 100+ episodes till the Ace/BB fight.

yeah it would be nice if some tv stations will air the series again.

the whole water 7 arc is just too long, and it would probably take some time and lots of release just to translate the episodes up to its end.

G8 Headquarters, Davy Back Fight, Water 7, Seatrain, Enies Lobby, Post Water 7.. that's about 100+ episodes till the Ace/BB fight.

Three years is more than enough time to do 100 episodes. If they did only 1 a week that would have been 156 episodes. If Japan is capable of taking the manga, converting the story for an episode into a time slot for the Anime, animating said Anime, and then dubbing the episode all within a single week then I am sure FUNimation is capable of simply translating, changing the words just a little to fit lip movement, and then dubbing.

So yeah, if they already had Skypiea done 3 years ago, which they did. Then there is no reason why they should have failed to get the license before now for more. They could have easily dubbed up to episode 350 had they had the license. However again, there is nothing really saying they haven't had the license as far as I know aside from simple rumors stating such. It would seem foolish for them to not have the license within 3 years time.

Three years is more than enough time to do 100 episodes. If they did only 1 a week that would have been 156 episodes. If Japan is capable of taking the manga, converting the story for an episode into a time slot for the Anime, animating said Anime, and then dubbing the episode all within a single week then I am sure FUNimation is capable of simply translating, changing the words just a little to fit lip movement, and then dubbing.

So yeah, if they already had Skypiea done 3 years ago, which they did. Then there is no reason why they should have failed to get the license before now for more. They could have easily dubbed up to episode 350 had they had the license. However again, there is nothing really saying they haven't had the license as far as I know aside from simple rumors stating such. It would seem foolish for them to not have the license within 3 years time.

yeah, that is really possible since that in my local, country One Piece is really dubbed into our language.. i did not really focus much on that telecast on t.v., anyway, what i know is that the dubbed episodes ended till..

episodes 250 - 255 where Nico Robin gets inside the seatrain, giving her farewells to the crew.

before i work overseas which is around year 2009.. that was the episode number that time on that tv station that i knew.

it could be Funimation already translated most of the upcoming episodes. it's even possible that they are just hiding it.

whether it's true or not.. i would also love to see on how will they dubbed the upcoming arcs.

VA's of certain people and villains, that's just way too cool and somewhat anticipating.

That is true, that's what i always thought that while they were releasing seasons 1 & 2 they were dubbing on ahead but i just hope they do announce something about season 4 in april at least

Well I wont believe they have Season 4 until I see something official, like a mania.com listing or sumthin on ANN.

So you believe they wasted 3 years sitting on their ass being stupid letting money and time be wasted? If they did that with all their work they would be out of business. FUNimation is one of the few doing good for a reason.

So you believe they wasted 3 years sitting on their ass being stupid letting money and time be wasted? If they did that with all their work they would be out of business. FUNimation is one of the few doing good for a reason.

All I know is that it's not fact until sumthin official can back it up......

Trust me, I want more episodes to be dubbed too, but I've learned to be skeptical until there's official proof.

• 1 month later...