SOTW #155: The Ladies of DC Comics [Closed!]

Apollo

Firedogx10 He nailed the theme to a T great use of color, contrast and tone

Tenderfoot; great use of render but the BG is too busy and bright tone down your brightener a little bit but overall great signature

Aphrodite: Good use of filtering, color and tone but brighten up the image a little bit overall great work,

Honest Mention Emrys, dnangel10

1. Apollo - Amaziiing. Feels almost official. Cool lighting and I like how you used multiple renders. Nice use of space too.
2. Aphrodite - Amazing again. Good colours, render and BG match well. Text also matches. Again, looks almost official.
3. ParasiteEve - Amazing work. Love it, has a cool feel to it that I can't put my finger on. Kind of like a pastel painting, but kind of different.

yes. good job kouhai. great c&c! This is so hard when I'm rushed, sorry for the shoddy feedback.

Runners ups. I'm going to blatantly steal the +/- system ParasiteEve uses, but with less detail. I'm short on time, so sorry about the rushed c&c.

*note this is a random order.

Tenderfoot
(+)cool render (+)Amazing background (+)Colours match well (+)no seriously, do you know how cool that background is? It's amazing!
(-)Render is a bit underwhelming next to background (-)Feels like a lot of open space

DNA000
(+)It's supergirl (+)good depth (+) cool text
(-)Lighting is a bit too strong

Firedogx10
(+)Render matches BG (+)Cool effects/patterns
(-)Flowers look like a layer infront of her, and not flowers enveloping her.

Emrys
(+)Nice render (+)Awesome background
(-)They look disjoint / like they're from different pictures

Tsukumo Yuma
(+)Been a while since I've been by forums, your text game is aloooot better. (+)Colours match render (+)shadow adds depth
(-)shadow is the only depth (-)Personal preference, but I'm not too keen on the render (-)render feels small/far away

Grats to everyone who entered. Good job!

• Like 1

Crap I almost forgot to vote.
-------------------------------
Votes

Aphrodite:
(+) I really like the grunge look, I think it fits well with Harley's crazy personality, the lighting is really nice, Overall I think it just looks awesome. :)

(-) Her forehead looks slightly bleached out, but it still looks fine, other than that I think it's a pretty stop on sig.

(sidenote) I have such a personal hated for the bleeding cowboys font and you ended up making it work perfectly, so extra kudos for that.

Firedog:
(+) I love the colors and the lighting, I like how the flowers in the front are a touch out of focus, it was such a nice little detail.
(-) As much as I do like the flowers in the front, Kouhai made a really good point about them.

Apollo:
(+)Great renders, awesome background and fitting text.
(-) Ivy almost blends in too much and I'm not a big fan of the yellow everything is. (but thats just personal)

Runner's Up

Tsukumo Yuma:
(+) IT'S RAVEN, text improvement, minimal but works.
(-) I see some shadow on the left hand side of the sig that should have been cleaned up (you can only see it on a white bg), while i do like that it's minimal I think a moon or clouds in the back would have given it more depth and made it even better.

dn_angel:
(+) Nice render, the background is nice, I think it would have been even better toned down, text is very fitting.
(-)Very bright, render looks a little messy, I can see white along the edges in some places on it.

Emrys:
(+) Great render, nice background and the text fits this sig.
(-) The render and background doesn't really flow well together.

tenderfoot:
(+) Nice lighting on background and render.
(-) While the lighting on both is nice, it doesn't match up very well and I think the lighting on the face of the render could be toned down a touch.