Cartoons You're Currently Watching?

Kid Ryan

• 4 weeks later...

I only started watching Adventure Time in December so I'm partway through it now. Better late than never I guess; I put it off for years because I thought I would hate it based on the animation style, now it's one of my favorite shows. I'm also watching Hilda which is awesome, and Snow White with the Red Hair.

I tried to ask about it in the recommendation thread but no one responded/helped so I tried it out on my own...

You can add RBUK to what I'm watching now. That's Rainbow Butterfly Unicorn Kitty for those who don't know. 😅

I don't know what it is about this show I like. I seriously don't. It's so bizarre that it's good? It has a lot of colors similar to another show that I quit watching because it became a DUMPSTER FIRE?

I don't know what it is about this show that's keeping me watching, seriously I don't, but there must be something about it I like because I keep watching it and new episodes of it.

So... yeah... there you go. 🤪

• Like 1

Ok... Let's see... Hmmm... Cartoons I'm watching other than anime.

Definitely Miraculous Ladybug, but is that considered a cartoon? Unless the character designs are good, I won't watch the show. I prefer not to watch something where it looks like a 2 year-old drew the characters. Guess I'm just anime spoiled. 

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, slick1109 said:

Just finished all 3 seasons of Trollhunters, and now working on 3Below.

I almost passed on both shows because I didn't like the quality of the computer animation, but once I gave it a chance the story had me hooked.

Trollhunters was great, 3Below is ok.

Adalee and I loved Trollhunters, but we haven't gotten around to starting 3Below yet.

6 hours ago, Koby said:

Adalee and I loved Trollhunters, but we haven't gotten around to starting 3Below yet.

Just binged through the rest of the season of 3Below.  Its wasnt bad, but it was not as good as Trollhunters.   Season 1 of 3Below takes place at the same time as Trollhunters Season 3, so my favorite parts were the cameo appearances by Trollhunters characters and seeing how some of the crazy things that happened in Arcadia seem through someone else's eyes.  There are even a few episodes where the Trollhunters characters are a major part of the story.

Thats as vague as I can be without offering up spoilers.  I will say that episode 6 "Deja Vu" was my favorite episode of 3Below.  Its worth watching simply to expand on the Trollhunters story.

Not sure how many seasons the show is supposed to get, but I heard the 3rd show in the series "Wizards" is coming out later this year.

Now to find something new to start watching......

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Kirkland said:

Just capped off season 2 of the Dragon Prince.  With season 3 announced I hope this show has a few more seasons to go..

S1 started off rather poorly with lots of cheesy dialogue, but the show definitely grew on me as the season went on. S2 was great. Looking forward to S3.

1 hour ago, Koby said:

S1 started off rather poorly with lots of cheesy dialogue, but the show definitely grew on me as the season went on. S2 was great. Looking forward to S3. 

Luckily the writers have enough experience to sprinkle in the over-reaching story arc and not just have another "season 1=monster/villain-of-the-week" to give us character development.  I like where they are going with this, and they seem to have plenty of lore plotted out to build off of.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...