Watching Anime Online vs Downloading Anime

UpsyDaisy

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I download anime from streams. Allows easier navigation than watching streamed, while not having to pay huge internet fees for downloading a 250-400meg file. Also, the smaller file size means I can dl faster than I can watch (third world internet is slow), whereas downloading a single hd ep takes hours.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I prefer streaming for new/subbed anime and download for dub/old anime I find it's both convenient and fun to have dual audio since it's alot easier to watch dubs while eating dinner and I like comparing the japanese voices to the english ones.

Edited by psionx

Well, I started off watching anime online, mainly Youtube, but that was quite some time ago. I really stopped doing it mainly because the anime I wanted to watch, dubbed most of the time, wasn't available for streaming. And as such, I decided to start downloading anime.

After a while I guess it became a habit, but from a quality point of view I think I'll keep downloading anime, streaming stil can't beat a video with a consideralble filesize, but with the guarantee that you get much better quality. And just like many people, when you download anime you have either the option to keep it or delete it right away.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I usually watch it online (because episodes surface online just a couple of hours after airing in Japan) and then download the ones I like the most when properly styled and translated subs surface (which can take anywhere between a day and a week depending on series and fansubbing group).