Manga Recommendations

Hey guys and gals, I haven't really gotten into manga mostly because I'm not sure of which ones are good and which ones aren't, it's a bit different with anime, I can just watch it an ep or 2 and decide if it's any good. I don't want to be reading something I'm not going to enjoy and I'm the type who usually has to finish what I start reading. So basically I'm just asking for some recommendations on this. Pretty sure this is a good enough spot for this topic, if not feel free to move it.

So yeah, bring on the reccomendations.

I'll be reading them with http://mangafox.me/ . But if you know a better site then lemme know that too =) Thanks in advance to all who help me out

Edit: I should probably say what I like lol. Basically I'd like something with a really good storyline that captures a reader and other then that anything is fine really. Action preferably but manga like the anime clannad and stuff would be good too =)

Edited by Emotional Outlet

First of all, about the site. I don't really like mangafox personally but it does have a giant ammount of manga there so fair enough.

I use mangareader.net and batoto.com mostly. A little less often, I use mangapirate.net and mangahere.com

Anyway, here are some recommendations:

Teppu - Super talented school girl starts MMA, gets her arse handed to her so she ends up joining the MMA world for revenge.

Full Contact - I guess this one kind of counts as Coming of Age, School life, and a karate club? (lol) It's short, good for a lighthearted read.

The Breaker - Super good Manhua, It's about Martial arts, well worth the read. The first season is complete and it's ending is good enough to stop on, the second season (IMO isn't as good) is still coming out so it's up to you whether you read them both at once or wait.

Veritas - Another good manhua, again it's about martial arts.

Psyren- Shounen-fantasy-scifi. A nice length of manga, doesn't drag on.

Ibitsu - Want to get creeped out? Yeah? Okay here you go.

Hanged Doll - also another creepy series, it's a webtoon. (one long strip per chapter, rather then page by page)

Tenjo Tenge - Seinin manga, Boobies! no, seriously though It's a good manga, (martial arts)

Shin Angyo Onshi - Seinin manga, fighting pow pow. Damn... my explanations suck!

Variante - Horror, Mystery.

Lying Mii-kun and Broken Maa-chan - Slice of Life, Mystery, Psychological, tragedy manga! Very short, nice for a quick read.

Berserk - It's Berserk!

All Rounder Meguru - similar to Teppu but the main character is a guy and isn't 'super talented'.

Tower of God - It's a webcomic, very cool!

Claymore - The Claymore manga IMO is great. Much better than the anime.

Deadman Wonderland - Boy goes to prison (he's framed). He finds out he has powers here.

Eden no Ori - School taking a trip, plane crashes. 'Where are we, what is that creature!'

Sun-ken Rock - Man joins the korean mafia!

World Embryo - What is this one about again? I forget... I do know I enjoyed it though.

Holyland - Boy enjoys city night life! He becomes a street fighter!

Yureka / ID_Entity - You know where those sci-fi game things actually make the player think he's apart of the game? (like SAO), It's kind of like that.

ID / The greatest fusion fantasy, ID - Boy is on an adventure to get back home?

Threads of Time - Kendo club captain goes back in time to when mongolia is invading.

BTOOOM! - Boy is one of the best in the world at a game. One day he wakes up on an island, it's just like the game!

Girls the Wild - Girl high school famed for martial arts becomes co-ed. YAY for the guys, or rather, guy. Only one boy in the whole school.

Okay, there are alot of suggestions in there. Those are the ones with action that I liked. Bolded ones are the ones I think you'll like more than the rest. Some of these don't have the best art and others have great art. Anyway, I hope you find atleast some that you like. Also, my descriptions suck for half of them. sorry!

Take note, Manga is read right to left! Simple, right? I actually didn't know for a while! T_T Also, Manhua / Manhwa (Korean and Chinese Manga) are read left ro right! That is also true for webcomics (The long coloured strips).

It's a little tricky to tell them apart when you first start.

Oh, and one more thing. I think this still goes under 'reviews and recommendations'. Oh well!

• Like 2

Okay, there are alot of suggestions in there. Those are the ones with action that I liked. Bolded ones are the ones I think you'll like more than the rest. Some of these don't have the best art and others have great art. Anyway, I hope you find atleast some that you like. Also, my descriptions suck for half of them. sorry!

Take note, Manga is read right to left! Simple, right? I actually didn't know for a while! T_T Also, Manhua / Manhwa (Korean and Chinese Manga) are read left ro right! That is also true for webcomics (The long coloured strips).

It's a little tricky to tell them apart when you first start.

Oh, and one more thing. I think this still goes under 'reviews and recommendations'. Oh well!

That's quite a list you gave me, thankyou so much and lol the simple explanations were good, nice and quick =)

Yeah I knew how to read it already lol, went to a friends place and though she'd done something really weird to some comic book until she explained it to me lol. I didnt think it belonged here, I'm sure EO or someone will move it at some point, thanks again Breathless and I'll try those sites you suggested too =)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...