Say it. Get it off your chest thread! @_@

coffeeNiK

Starting to lose my patience with my roommate's girlfriend.

Every morning Java and I wake up, we clean up the kitchen. We take out the trash, we clean the litter box, we unload and load the dishwasher. She has the gall to act like we don't clean, that she's doing all the work. Except I never see her take out the trash. I never see her clean the litter box and I know damn well whether it's been cleaned or not because we have two poop machines. And I have dropped off mail in my roommate's room--as often as she sleeps over, she has no room to complain about cleanliness.

She does this thing where she roots around in our kitchen for stuff and assumes we don't have anything. "Don't you have any paper towels?" Maybe if you didn't assume we were savages who just wipe our hands on our clothes, I would be happy to point you towards the roll of paper towels on top of the cabinet. "Don't you have any flour?" Maybe if you didn't assume that we don't have basic kitchen staples, I would be happy to open the cabinet for you and point it out.

And she just walked out of my roommate's room wearing a tail. I just. Why. Why me.

She's so proud of the fact she never touched a computer or had any comprehension of them before joining the Navy and still ended up in a rating involving them, so she tries to help Java fix computer problems. Seriously?

The way she talks it's like she's always talking down to you like, "Oh, poor little babby". Her endless comments while I'm trying to play a video game ruin any enjoyment I may have once experienced while playing it--I don't need your condescending commentary, especially if you're not my friend. And yes, wow, I know you don't know this, but I did indeed beat that game once before and am replaying it, so your little "Oh, you're still on that level?" two minutes into a level comments are really unnecessary, regardless of whether you knew I beat the game already or not.

And, oh, her little comments about whether we've played the games on our shelves or not are ever so priceless. Please remember who owns those games and those consoles you're using right now. Please remember who pays the utility bills.

I invited my roommate and his girlfriend over to the house of a friend of mine for board games and the like--this was before I developed a seething distaste for her. There were quite a few people over there--my friend had a few of his neighbours and buds over for games. She then proceeded to ruin everyone's night with her condescension. One of the couples left early and texted my friend about her. We were playing a trivia game--you have to identify what is on the card and then you answer a question at the difficulty rating of your choosing. My friend's wife was having an issue with a fairly easy question and we were trying to help her--"Ignore the year; you know what it is". But her comments were far less encouraging, "Seriously, you don't know it? It's so easy!"

It's so easy I'm about to punt her through a wall.

After we left my friend texted me and was like, "Every word out of her mouth was just... argh." It's gotten to the point where I can't bring her to his house any more. They've only met twice. This is what she does to people.

The other night when I went out to dinner with some friends--a married couple; one is very pregnant--she came up in conversation. My (female) friend told me, "We had people over a little while ago and she was there with [your roommate]. She pretty much called me fat. I was like... 'I'm pregnant. Whose house are you in again?'"

I angsted about her earlier to a friend of mine, but it involved a lot more swearing.

F**ked up roomates are the pits. It makes you feel insane. Like you are the only NORMAL one in the waking world.

DA mentioned some good points so I don't feel the need to re-iterate them. It's gonna blow when your roomate denies it though because from what you described....a confrontation isn't going to change her mind. It's going to make her more pissed because in her mind she's completely right....

I don't blame you for wanting her gone....but stabbing is not the answer. Probably falsifying a haunting might be more effective. :D

Hope it works out.

Haha, I'm still inactive reserve, but the chances of them calling me back for my subpar linguistic skills for a language no one actually speaks out loud are low. They'd have to train me again--like they were supposed to in the time I was actually active duty. I still have angry dreams about that.

I'm pretty sure she leaves today--she and my roommate were running around yesterday and going on about donating stuff and packing. Which would probably explain why, after fussing about going to the Ren Faire on Sunday, they instead went on Saturday. Hilarious, because I was going to go boot shopping on Saturday for of my costume and they asked us if we wanted to go right as they were already dressed and heading out. Java and I were still unshowered and barely awake. Uh, yeah, what do you think our answer is?

It'd definitely be a different matter if she wasn't being PCS'd--a lot more attempted poisonings, probs. I think what makes it worse is just how she just up and made herself at home. Like, hi, we live here too. We're not instant friends, especially if you're going to ruin my enjoyment of Trauma Team. LET ME SURGERY IN PEACE! Just because we're nice and don't throw you out every time you show up doesn't mean we're bros.

And it annoys me to no end because my roommate thinks he's ugly and blah blah can't get a girl, but he seriously can do better than her. Even Java, who 85% of the time disagrees with me on social matters, has made some vague threat of throttling if they ever ended up getting hitched, haha.

"Just because we're nice and don't throw you out every time you show up doesn't mean we're bros" laughed so hard at this.

Hopefully she is leaving soon EO, otherwise tell Java they're getting married and maybe he'll take her out or something and you won't have to worry anymore.

On the matter of asking you to go places with them, I imagine that with her going your answer is instantly no but to ask you like that is just rude. It's like the last minute oh fuck we forgot others ACTUALLY live here, we better ask them if they wanna come, even though if they say yes we're gonna give them absolutely no time at all to get ready and will probably leave anyway.

Which in all honesty was probably her idea anyway to ask at the last minute.

On the matter of asking you to go places with them, I imagine that with her going your answer is instantly no but to ask you like that is just rude. It's like the last minute oh fuck we forgot others ACTUALLY live here, we better ask them if they wanna come, even though if they say yes we're gonna give them absolutely no time at all to get ready and will probably leave anyway.

Which in all honesty was probably her idea anyway to ask at the last minute.

I mean, if it's afternoon and they're like, "We're gonna watch a movie tonight at the mall, did you guys want to come", I'd go because whatever. My roommate is still my bro, even if he's slowly losing his entire personality to her. But yeah, last minute invitations are likely ploys to prove to herself that we don't want to hang out with her. And especially since they just up and changed their plans from Sunday to Saturday without telling us. Whatevs, I'm going to Pirate Weekend at the Ren Faire and they can't stop me.

• Like 1