Silent Hill Series - Scariest Game Series Ever?

Xanodus

Silent Hill is set in a multiverse consisting of reality and two alternate dimensions whose form is based on the series' eponymous fictional American town. The series is heavily influenced by the literary genre of psychological horror, with its player characters being mostly "everymen"

Silent Hill is the first installment in the series and was released in 1999 for the PlayStation. In 2009, the game became available for download from the European PlayStation Network store for the PlayStation 3 and the PlayStation Portable and later, in the same year, from the North American PlayStation Network store.[3][4] Silent Hill follows Harry Mason as he searches for his missing adopted daughter in the series' multiverse; stumbling upon a cult conducting a ritual to revive a deity it worships, he discovers her true origin. Five game endings are possible, depending on in-game actions taken by the player, including one joke ending.

I for one love the fact that the game has different endings, it gives the player the feel of independence when playing, but it's scary too when you think about it. Every action you do will affect the ending of the game, good ending or bad ending, so called.

The monsters are also eerily extraordinary. As the series has progressed, new monsters have been introduced, graphics have improved, thus making gameplay even scarier.

I was creeped out by the entire game series itself. All of this blood, gore, scary monsters, and when there is silence and then BANG! something interesting or scary happens and you jump in your seat.

What is your opinion? Is Silent Hill or was Silent Hill the scariest or a scary game series? What are your thoughts?

I'll admit that Silent Hill is a very scary game series but I don't think it's the scariest, there are a lot of scary game series, for example: Doom series, Dead Space, Resident Evil, Left 4 Dead to some extent, I'm sure I'm missing some. In my opinion resident evil would have to be the scariest game series for me though, just the way the enemies think and that level in Resident Evil 5 with the cave and the light scared the hell outta me when those snakehead guys were coming after me and I couldn't see them. That's just my opinion though

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'll admit that Silent Hill is a very scary game series but I don't think it's the scariest, there are a lot of scary game series, for example: Doom series, Dead Space, Resident Evil, Left 4 Dead to some extent, I'm sure I'm missing some. In my opinion resident evil would have to be the scariest game series for me though, just the way the enemies think and that level in Resident Evil 5 with the cave and the light scared the hell outta me when those snakehead guys were coming after me and I couldn't see them. That's just my opinion though

Ever since they made your character monster destroyers and took out actual zombies, the series has lost its scare. No sense of helplessness/ scarcity of ammo and lack of control/power is gone. I can't be scared if i gotta shotgun that get bout 12 bullets after each fight. I found Siren to be my scariest game. Rule of Rose to be the weirdest scare.

• 8 months later...