End of World

hitech_0101

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyways I thought according to the mayan calender that was written by a people who were there and then they just vanished right? Anyways if you are of christian faith it said no man knew not even Jesus. So that would totally contradict the christian faith if you ask me so i highly doubt the world will end in 2012...

If the world is going to end i beleive it will be in a nuclear holocaust matbe not but who knows right?

According to Evolutionists sun = life

According to Creationists the world is doomed to the sun. I personally believe from ashes to ashes refers not only to man but to the entire world. I think the sun will eventually take the Earth and it's inhabitants and do not believe this world will once again be consumed by water.

I believe that the world ending in 2012 has no valid arguments backing it up. So what if their calender ended on the 21st of Dec 2012 and they thought the world would end on that day? There have been countless other times where people said the world wound end on xx/xx/xxxx. However, they didn't come true did they?

In my opinion, if the human race doesn't destroy the Earth first, the Sun will.

Totally agreed with that. If anyone destroys the Earth it will be us! Not the Sun, not the aliens (: but us. But people just seems not to care, or it is easier for them to close their eyes... I mean, there are many people who care to make life on Earth a better place, but there are many more of them who don't and who destroys all the hard work of those who care...

I believe that the world ending in 2012 has no valid arguments backing it up. So what if their calender ended on the 21st of Dec 2012 and they thought the world would end on that day? There have been countless other times where people said the world wound end on xx/xx/xxxx. However, they didn't come true did they?

>_> ooookay according to our best estimates the average lifespan of a star that matches ours has a lifespan of 10 BILLION years before it becomes a red giant our oldest finds date back to 6 BILLION years ago 10-6=4 so 4 BILLION years at best before our sun goes into a red giant at which point yes the earth will be consumed, my point is this were gonna kill off earth LONG before the sun ever will as were gonna accomplish this in about 100-200 years

>_> ooookay according to our best estimates the average lifespan of a star that matches ours has a lifespan of 10 BILLION years before it becomes a red giant our oldest finds date back to 6 BILLION years ago 10-6=4 so 4 BILLION years at best before our sun goes into a red giant at which point yes the earth will be consumed, my point is this were gonna kill off earth LONG before the sun ever will as were gonna accomplish this in about 100-200 years

That is a very good point. It’s highly unlikely the human species will survive long enough to witness that event. I was thinking more along the lines of increased solar activity or solar flares potentially harming the human race, but even that event is unlikely.

If I could choose a way for the Earth to be destroyed, I would have to go with a huge antimatter-matter annihilation in the core of the Earth :D (even though harvesting that much antimatter would be impossible, let alone storing it and getting it to the core lol). Or maybe a black hole or a galaxy colliding with our sector of the galaxy (the likelihood of which is still small).

It seems to me that this is all speculation. we wont know until it happens so why all this talk?

And to Renzourin with the sun math, if the universe was that old why dont we see more stars in the sky? why can we only see about 6000 light years?

I don't mean to belittle anyone but this all seems pointless. All we can do is wait and see.

I feel like an Idiot for the above post. I should have checked the numbers before posting. 13.7 Billion light-years is the farthest visible star (although that was when it when super nova and the only thing that was "Visible" was a gamma brust).

so in closing sorry.

I don't think it will happen either. But I told everyone that I'm not going to buy any Christmas presents that year why waste the money LOL. I wonder how many stores are going to have fun with it and have an end of the world sale.

instead of having an end of the world sale, why don't they just give out stuff for free? LOL

• 2 weeks later...
Anyways I thought according to the mayan calender that was written by a people who were there and then they just vanished right? Anyways if you are of christian faith it said no man knew not even Jesus. So that would totally contradict the christian faith if you ask me so i highly doubt the world will end in 2012...

If the world is going to end i beleive it will be in a nuclear holocaust matbe not but who knows right?

Where does it say in the Bible that Jesus didn't know?

What you are quoting is a miss quote of the bible from Mat 24:36 (KJV):

36: But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

If you had a KJV sitting right infront of you you'd see that man is italics. No MAN knows, no not even the angels of heaven.

Well you may very well say: Hey I use the NIV or the RSVB. So lets just say KJV version is null. The NIV version says:

36: No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.

Well now this is a problem isn't it? Yep. Your right there is. If you really want to know the answer and what the passage really means then you have to stop being lazy and use your brain. Points to remember:

1) Jesus himself created the Heavens and the Earth (John 1:1-5 and John 1:9-18). Jesus is the "Word"

2) Jesus himself will be the one to destory the world (Rev. 19:11-16). Jesus is the rider and he is called "The Word of God"

3) Jesus said himself and the father were as the same (John 14:8-14)

Now the offending passage. Now of course we all can't sit and just learn Greek. But you can look it up and find out what the real passage says. http://www.bibletime.com/faq/notknown is a great place to look to find out the real meaning. The point of the passage is this. No man nor any angel knows. But Jesus DOES. He and the father share like minds. No hidden message or sealed thought between the two. It is true that when Christ was on earth that he didn't understand when the end would be. That is why when asked. He gave discriptions. He could see it but couldn't quit explain it. He was a "man". His mind was limited to what a man could understand. But he does know. Its his kingdom. His hour. His world. This is all of his and he knows and understands all.

no offense to the believers of the apocalypse theories and stuff but...people seriously SHOULD not make up these kind of stuff for example like everyone said that Y2K would crash all computers in the world by the year 2000...i mean it's been 10 years since that prediction and NOW were still using computers...sure what happend in the 9/11 incident was JUST a way to piss of america(but america still kicks ass anyday) but the aftermath of the incident inspired SOME people to bring up the predictions of NOSTRADAMUS if you look at it, the predictions was only illustrated in a some description but it was just a coincidence on how it happend, i mean if it were true why would he not have predicted the natural dissasters like what happend to HAITI(which i am a UNICEF donor by the way) right... that's why i kinda hate what Hollywood has become to produce movies that will just invoke people to BELIEVE something ridiculous as to the END of the world...people live and people die that's the way life goes so if some NUT job from Hollywood wants to create something that people will believe in it's fine as long as people don't take seriously...since that people to WANT something to believe in others could just manipulate what people might FEAR cause everyone has fear of the UNKNOWN right...that's why people HAVE to be OPTIMISTIC when it comes to believing what POP CULTURE says cause it will either CONSUME them with FALSE securities OR make people look like FOOLS...that's why live your life to the FULLEST cause we only have ONE shot at EVERYTHING so TAKE good CARE of your lives and SEE what's going to happen and REMEMBER ALWAYS!!! live in the PRESENT and NOT the FUTURE cause why do we need to be worried of SOMETHING that we are NOT sure of HAPPENING right?...

I am not sure but I think the Mayans didn't have paper so they had to carve calendars in stone and who ever the poor guy was who had to do that, probably got really tired of chiselling out stone calendars and figured the hell with it, I'm stopping at 2012 ill be long dead by then before they'll notice and cut of my head.

Now we think the world ends, maybe it doesn't who knows if this will be our only world we could colonize space if you give us enough time, Cowboy Bebop style I hope.