Anime for a 4 year old

anyone got a good anime for a 4 year old nephew?

Well 4 year olds will not know how to read or not want to read subtitles, so that just leaves dubs. A lot of Anime made for kids isn't brought over and dubbed simply because most of the people over here who watch Anime watch it because there is more adult themed or more advanced plots compared to most cartoons. So Anime aimed at kids doesn't do as well in the market.

That being said, one of the few groups who does Anime aimed at kids.. or cuts Anime enough to be appropriate for younger audiences would be 4kids. They do series like Yu-Gi-Oh!, though I'm not so sure that some parts could be so good for kids as young as 4.

You might check into the first 4 Digimon series. They are aimed at younger kids and deal with friendship, hope, etc.. that kids that age could really learn from. I wouldn't recommend the 5th season though as they aimed it at a little older audience.

Beyblade might be another decent Anime for kids, though in some instances may not.

I could pretty much recommend every Studio Ghibli Anime that has been dubbed as well as they are appropriate for nearly all audiences, then again maybe not, but here are some I could definitely recommend for kids: Spirited Away, My Neighbor Totoro, and Ponyo.

Really though in the end, you should watch first and determine if it's something you feel alright exposing them to, because others may have a different opinion on what is appropriate, etc.. But for the most part I feel the ones I have mentioned would be approved by most everyone.

Now cartoons these days have gotten pretty stupid and although aimed at little kids there isn't much I can recommend for cartoons either... >_< Maybe you could look into some classics like Looney Toons, Tom and Jerry, etc.

I could pretty much recommend every Studio Ghibli Anime that has been dubbed as well as they are appropriate for nearly all audiences, then again maybe not, but here are some I could definitely recommend for kids: Spirited Away, My Neighbor Totoro, and Ponyo.

I don't know Koby. My Neighbor Totoro was pretty scary.....especially that cat bus. LOL Nah, just kidding. Most movies from Studio Ghibli are generally pretty safe.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Oddly enough my 5 year old in the past week has watched Spirited Away, My Neighbor Totoro, and Howl's Moving Castle (ty guys!) he's asked to watch Howl's Moving Castle over and over. Or "The Turniphead Movie" as he calls it.

Oddly enough my 5 year old in the past week has watched Spirited Away, My Neighbor Totoro, and Howl's Moving Castle (ty guys!) he's asked to watch Howl's Moving Castle over and over. Or "The Turniphead Movie" as he calls it.

He must see Kiki's Delivery Service if he hasn't yet.