Do you forget the names of characters?

RazorDan

Yup all the time I've been reading Ouran high school host club and I can't for the life of me remember any of their names and I really like it so far o.O Its really tough when their names are all Japanese and you can hardly pronounce the name :\ but it usually doesn't matter unless your talking to someone about it cuz I usually remember their faces

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well i have quite a few animw for the last five or so years so i have been watching the same anime for a few times so i do tend to remember the fifth time that i watched Airmaster who all the characters are and also their nicknames for eachother, but then after a year or so you forget their names and then you watch the anime again so that you will be able to just remember their names,lol

Yes, because I am bad with names in the first place (even real life people). Main characters? For the most part I can name the mains like those of Bleach, Inuyasha, ect. but the secondary mains and minors characters are hard to remember, honestly especially from Bleach. I usually can put a characteristic to the characters to be able to remember a little about them, but it doesn't help much in the way of remembering names.

I forget names. All the time. Even while I'm watching an anime or a reading a manga.

Sometimes characters are talking about another and I don't even know who they are talking about and need to go back to see who it actually is.

I usually remember the face and personality of characters and the general plot of the anime but the names rarely stay except when they are said often (like Lelouch vi Britannia) and/or when they are really simple.

If you show me a picture, I can tell you the anime but without a list of names to choose from, I don't believe I'd be able to name them unless they were really important or their name was said over and over.for example atreyuavenged's avatar. I can tell that she is from Rosario + Vampire. She was one of the 3 woman after the protagonist and she is a snow-woman. Other than that, without a list of names I could not do anything.

I forget a lot of the characters to be honest. It kind of makes me sad but when I re-watch the anime, I pick it up immediately c:

I have bad memory so the same is true for me. But the names mean less to me compared to the character's design and depth. If a character was good enough that I remembered them then they deserve a spot in the dying genre called "complex personality"