Do you forget the names of characters?

RazorDan

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forgetting anime character names happens all the time tot me, especially if u've seen a ton of them in which there are a whole cast of characters. To me it just depends on how awesome the character is, the more awesome they are the more memorable they are and their names are more likely to stick unlike those thousands of forgettable characters, that includes the protagonists too. Sometimes i'm more likely to remember a side character than the main character since i find them memorable as some protagonists can be quite rather boring or plain depending on the anime.

I can always remember the characters appearance and voice...but I almost always forget the name. Thou, I am bad with names with real people to. I am a very visual and sound memory type. I can remember sounds and visual easily...anything else...forget it. LOL

• 3 weeks later...

Not really an issue with me, I'm pretty good with remembering names in anime (terrible at remembering peoploe in real life though)

I can remember the full names of every bleach captain and luietenant (as well as previous captains/luietenants) The squad they belong to and even the name of the zanpakutou, including there bankai if they have one.

I can also proudly name the first 151 pokemon in numerical order.

@Leviathon:

I find it not completely improbable, but will say I bet there are things you forget without realise. You may persay be great at names, but may slip an occassional important event as an example.

---

now I myself can tell you I am horrible with names.

I work two nights a week upfront at the register, and as such see probably a good 200 people at times a week, we will say 1/4 of those show me some form of id or introduce themself, I might remember 10-20.

On that note I would say I do good to remember 1/4 of the cast from any anime. I can remember a mainstream character here and there, along with a few notable off characters, but that is about it.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I find myself doing this more and more to. I don't really forget the protagonist's so much but, I find myself forgetting supporting character's a lot and certain important plot lines that make a big difference to the story. Like I'll be walking along or sitting on the bus daydreaming about a anime I watched in the past and I'll be like aww man how did the story get there again, I forget, then I'll have to re-watch it or bring it up on Wikipedia to re-familiarize myself.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...