Saddam hanging.

Fingaz

I agree with Necrophiliac.

the usa just used the death penalty to flex it's muscles of influence around the world to say how all mighty andp owerful they are.

What saddam hussein did.. is inexcusable. but who are we to take away another person's life? we aren't god. we have NO right to end somebody's life against their will. Whether or not they did good or bad.

the government is scared of the image that they would portray to society if they didn't issue a death sentence. they are just acting out of fear to try and keep elected in parliament.

that.. is what i think.

Shinji the USA had nothing to do with it. He was tried in an Iraqi court, and the Iraqi's are the one who sentenced him. We had nothing to do with it. In fact we weren't allowed to be in the place he was hanged. Which is why it was videotaped so that we'd have proof it was actually done. Or thats what is being said all over the news anyhow.

...i still uphold my case! lol.

one thing that i really wanted to do, was do the whole

"put the (F) in front of you msn name because saddam hussein was hanged" thing on msn. lol

just to be slack... or something. i don't know why. lol

ultimately, i rekkon the usa had at least something to do with it o.O'' lol.

but im completely bias against the usa government (not the ppl. the people are cool. lol) and yeah. . . . . . o_O

Shinji the USA had nothing to do with it. He was tried in an Iraqi court, and the Iraqi's are the one who sentenced him. We had nothing to do with it. In fact we weren't allowed to be in the place he was hanged. Which is why it was videotaped so that we'd have proof it was actually done. Or thats what is being said all over the news anyhow.

Koby's right. I'm not completely sure, but I believe it was the Iraqi prime minister's call, and he didn't even attend the execution. The US government handed Saddam over to Iraqi officials and they decided to have him hung, so nothing bad will come to the US, I hope.

I believe if they were going to have him tried for death, they should have found a better reason. He was hung for a massacre he was apparently responsible for back in '82. I'm not saying I'm not happy he's dead, I really am, but they should have found a more legitimate, recent reason to have him put to death. I'd have had no opposition to this were the massacre to be the reason for life in prison. But something almost 25 years old seems rather... irrelevant, doesn't it?

In any case, I watched that video and I saw his neck snap and move in a way I never thought possible. The quality sucked though, leave it to have the only videos available to have been recorded via cellphone.

According to latest news the USA wanted the execution to be set back to late January but the Iraqi's wanted it done before some Holiday they have so the Iraqi Government rushed it. The hanging had nothing to do with the United States.

I didn't know Sadam so I don't feel anything for his death. I'm not happy he is dead, but I'm not sad either. I don't really care what happened to him. But I don't want the United States blamed for something that they didn't do.

I want the battle with Iraq to end and the soldiers to all come home though. I know no one who is in the Army at the moment.

Woops. My bad with the false accusation of the U.S.

My apologies~~ got carried away :P

yeah, as for the punishment Sadam got. I think it's unjust. I mean, come on. How immature are you if you're going to issue the death sentence on somebody. Even if they have or haven't killed a lot of people.

We should be learning to Forgive and Forget. And let them spend life in prison or whatever. I believe the death sentence should be revoked.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It was simply rediculous. I can't believe people actually watched that. It's...not only barbaric and stupid, it just makes people hypocritical for judging his way of thinking when they just glazed at someone, who regardless of having created such suffering, still a human, being hanged. Who the hell in their right mind and judgement would be sane enough to enjoy such a thing?

I did see it, but the quality was too bad...

But like a month ago I saw a program with the 25 most shokking hidden camera footage...

and in the hanging, they had taken away the sound...

but in the hidden camera footage you can hear the guys who hang him moking him, yelling at him, saying the name of an enemy of him...

I agree with the death sentence, tough I don't agree it to be like that...

eventough he did those horrible things, shouldn't he get a few last minutes of peace?

and to Exodus... he killed alot of inocent people back in 82, eventough that's quite a time ago, he should still get the full sentence. most of those people would have still lived, and just because you can escape the police for a long time, doesn't mean you should get punished less.

And I don't know if they should have thrown him in prison. He had a HUGE amount of followers, so they would have risk him breaking out with (inside) help. But he also had alot of enemies, and I'm sure quite a deal of them are in prison too... so I don't think he would just lay low until he died a natural death...

and eye for an eye makes everyone blind, the saying is true. the death sentence is ridiclous, by killing someone you become a killer, whether it be benefitial to society or not its still a killing. forcefully removing someones life from them is disgusting, no matter what they did. besides that i feel death is a quick escape. people like sadam should have been imprisoned.