The greatest Ninja/Samurai Anime

jane347

This thread is dedicated to ninja, samurai, and all anime that portrays them. The purpose of this thread is to mention the GREATEST ninja and samurai anime that you have ever and may ever see. Please discuss the anime for both the people who have seen it and for those who might not be familiar with it. And one more thing, if you have posted something rellevant in another thread that contributes to the discussion here, feel free to give us a link, we would appreciate the convenience.

Now to my worthless opinion.

I would say the greatest I've seen is Blood reign: curse of the Yoma. It is pretty solid all around, good action, good animation for its age, nice story, some nice character designs especially the insectoid demons. I also like how the main character kills a lot of his enemies by shoving his claw down their throats.

ninja scroll the movie (the tv series is mostly disappointing) has the best action i've ever seen in the genre. I like the stylized violence and superhuman abilities of the antagonist ninja.

[update: Samurai X - Trust is number one]

What about you, what are the best you've ever seen?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well you were a spam bot.. but you did bring up a good convo, so I edited the post to remove the links.

Anyways there are many great ninja or samurai anime in my opinion.

I really love Ninja Scroll, the movie not the TV series. The TV series was okay.. but the movie was nearly Perfect.

Basilisk is awesome as well.

As well as Samurai X: Trust & Betrayal... it's the best part of the Rurouni Kenshin franchise.

If you like Ninja's and/or Samurai's... you should definitely check these out. They are all three very great and some of the few Anime I've rate close to a 10/10.

• 4 weeks later...

I watched Samurai X: Trust & Betrayal and loved it and then tried to watch Rurouni Kenshin and hated it. I didn't like any of The Rurouni episodes and can't see how it's so loved. Ninja Scroll the movie was also awesome.

Ronin Warriors are ninja-ish too and I loved that when I watched it years ago.

I'd have to say that the best Samurai/Ninja anime i've ever seen is Rurouni Kenshin. An intreging story about a light hearted-samurai who wishes to shed his blood past and live in peace as a wanderer. But no matter where he goes his past follows leading to many struggles. This is a great anime filled with action, comedy and drama if you haven't yet seen I suggest you do.

• 1 month later...