Any Mac Tips For Anime?

HeyVinh

The program that you use for torrents will not affect your download speeds unless you cap the speeds. It completely depends on the number and quality of the seeds that you are connected to. utorrent is one of the best programs since its easy to use.

As for programs, just install any media player and add a codec pack to it. MPC-HC with CCCP is the best for most computers, MadVR is better but it takes a better computer to run

The program that you use for torrents will not affect your download speeds unless you cap the speeds. It completely depends on the number and quality of the seeds that you are connected to. utorrent is one of the best programs since its easy to use.

As for programs, just install any media player and add a codec pack to it. MPC-HC with CCCP is the best for most computers, MadVR is better but it takes a better computer to run

Lemming did you even read the thread? Lol he's using Mac OSX, MPC-HC and CCCP/MadVR are for windows so I doubt it will run. I suppose in a sense you're still correct lemming, Mac OSX can run windows emulation.

Only option for you is to use VLC player, I think maybe Mplayer might work on Mac OSX. Utorrent is the best program for Mac OSX IMO. You can get faster speed by using a cheating ratio tool, but I recommend you against it, because it is the best way to get yourself banned from the tracker. So my suggestion is, open ports and forward them and don't cap your upload speeds too much.

Lemming did you even read the thread? Lol he's using Mac OSX, MPC-HC and CCCP/MadVR are for windows so I doubt it will run. I suppose in a sense you're still correct lemming, Mac OSX can run windows emulation.

Really its just that there isnt anything really good for Mac, VLC is ok but has a pile of bugs and glitches that arent very happy. So it isnt ideal. I normally assume that Mac users have some kind of Windows on their machine unless they just use it for facebook and word processing

I don't think you can get CCCP for OSX, or any codec packs for that matter. For a media player I'd use MPlayer OSX Extended.

For torrents uTorrent is pretty good though. If you're having problems with torrent speeds you probably have NAT issues with your router and need to forward/open some ports. Or you're downloading from torrents with not enough seeds

This was pretty much it.

Utorrent (nice if your used to the windows version, but Mac version is quite behind in extra features) or Transmission (simple, lightweight in resources)

For playback you can install a "Perian" codec pack into your system preferences pane and use QuicktimeX, you can download VLC (2.0+ supports the newer 10bit encodes), or download MPlayerX (a mac port/gui for mplayer, it also plays 10bit encodes)

my personal combo is transmission (remote web monitoring & has "prevent computer from going to sleep" utorrent does not in the mac version) and MplayerX (has sequential play, automatically goto next episode in series, loads quicker and no font caching like vlc)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

for downloading if it is on the IRC channel is better than torrent unless it has a lot of seeds, no matter which client you use, as far as a good video player, I hate VLC, and don't use it, MPlayer is pretty good but if your computer is not as new sometimes it skips a couple frames and that's pretty annoying, I use Quicktime 7 with the Perian plugin installed, so it can read MKV files, it just takes a couple seconds to load the videos but you can watch them as they load, i can play most MKV files except for some encodes that lack audio, but that's rare (in those occasions I use MPlayer) and the video is always smooth, give it a try. It will also make quicktime able to open pretty much any video codec making it pretty good actually…

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

MPlayerX is free on the App Store and it works really good. It has played every format that I have downloaded so far. If you have any video that has any kind of audio lag, you can edit it so it gets back on track. For me it works the best. I used vlc for a little, and I did not care for it. If you use MPlayerX and you watch HD, it will also play them.