Which would you prefer, PS3 or Xbox 360?

asassin06

I prefer the PS3 myself. Raymond15's reasons are basically the same as mine. I prefer the exclusives on the PS3 over those on the X360. The only reason I would get an X360 are for Tales of Vesperia and Fable 3. I prefer the PS3 controller, probably because I have used it longer than the bulky X360 controller. It all depends on which you have used more often.

@Abith: The online support is actually pretty muchly the same between the 2 consoles. You can also get #5 on your list with the PS3 using the PS3 Media Server from your computer. As long as the video doesn't have an Average Video Bitrate, it will play smoothly over any network, whether it is wired or wireless. The Kinect and Move are up to preferene, but I would rather not try to embarrass myself using Kinect which seems like it would be only really good for dancing. Otherwise, it would be better to have a controller for menu navigation and pausing, which I don't believe the Kinect does very well.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Erm. I'm not much of a ps3 junkie but ps3s are only backwards compatible if they have the emotion chip right? Now if you're talking about the digital copies of old PSX games thats a different story Mushi.

Overall I think Ps3 has got the title of most usable and overall best current gen system but as of late, new xboxes are getting software updates to read larger capacity discs which means blu-ray on xboxes are quite likely. Not to mention the next newest dashboard update is supposed to give xbox users a web browser so Sony is soon to be dethroned by Microsoft.

Imho, X360. Anyone who argues about what makes or breaks a console is that they need/don't need to pay for online access is moot and a picky ignant debater imho. Got enough to afford a expensive gaming console, that no poor african will ever see in their lifetime, then you got enough to pay for other utility bills like internet and phone. Set your priorities straight.

I like my pc but im not the best at fps with mouse. I bought a xbox 360 which broke twice (red light zzz), the final time when it was out of warranty. So I purchased a PS3 and besides the network being down for long I still prefer it. Although the community on 360 seemed to be more interacting for me.

The online support is actually pretty muchly the same between the 2 consoles.

I should have been more clear. I wasn't refering to the stuff you can do with the 2 networks. You would've been very correct in that regard if I was. I was more so refering to reliability.

You can also get #5 on your list with the PS3 using the PS3 Media Server from your computer. As long as the video doesn't have an Average Video Bitrate, it will play smoothly over any network, whether it is wired or wireless.

Xbox360 does too, except I constantly have technical difficulties with my PS3. I don't know why, but I got fed up with it truely.

The Kinect and Move are up to preferene, but I would rather not try to embarrass myself using Kinect which seems like it would be only really good for dancing. Otherwise, it would be better to have a controller for menu navigation and pausing, which I don't believe the Kinect does very well.

To me the Move is basically Sony's Wii. Lol. Kinect would be good for anything given there isn't a controller and it traces body heat not a controller's signal. In other words I belive Kinect has potential, but I'm sooo not impressed to how it's being utilized. You're correct about controllers for navigation are a little easier, but . . . you can do that already while ALSO using Kinect. You can still pick up a controller and navigate if you want.

I like PS3, but yeah, 360 just seems to flow better with what I want in a gaming console.

While I do love some of the titles that come out for the PS3 I ended up buying the Xbox because it had better online abilities. The only thing the PS3 had to offer was the blu-ray player and I never really wanted one of those. Microsoft also had software to code games for the Xbox marketplace; Sony on the other hand has always made creating games on their system rather difficult.

they both have there perks and weaknesses. When it comes to gaming for the most part ive had better experiance with xbox 360(better frame rate,shadows and minor extra detail) sadly though it sounds like its gona explode with certain games unless you install the game to the hard drive which over time causes the hard drive to get fragged. Even more anoying is how cheap the 360 must have been put together cause me and 3 people i know are all on our second or 3rd system.

My ps3 was still going strong with its new owner after i sold it and ive abused it more then my 360 cause i prefer to use my 360. so its built better in my opinion and yea you get blue rays and it sounds nearly silent while you use it. But the internet for ps3 sucks big time and multiple people i know have had there playstation account hacked. also alot of games cant upscale to 1080p on the ps3 where the 360 upscales everything to 1080p if its available and you want 1080.

When you think about how much longer it took the ps3 to come out and how much more it cost the winner is preaty obviouse to me. 360 is cheaper ,plays majority of games slightly better and has more games built from the ground up for it and then ported to ps3. i was a huge sony fan...loved the ps2. the ps3 disapointed me big time and i ended up selling it last year. So in my opinion if you want the best deal for your buck get the 360 and if you want the best gaming expeience possible then get a computer and dont bother with consoles ever again.

I vote for the PC as well. The mouse and keyboard provides so much more in terms of available game design than a gamepad can. Don't get me wrong, the gamepad certainly has it's place in the annals of gaming. I am just into micro-managing, intricate details, etc. Also, I find the mouse much more fun to use with FPSs than a gamepad.