PS3 vs. Xbox

idl12

I've been through 2 ps3s and 3 xbox 360s

---------- Post added at 10:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 PM ----------

Both systems have over heating issues.

Maybe you are just terrible with taking care of them?

I've never had a single console ever break for me in the whole 20+ years of gaming.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The advanced hardware of a five year old system is the future? I don't even see how someone could say that in the year 2011.

no hard feelings but...... the only thing thats advanced is computers. 6 year old consoles are not even close to advanced. and future? consoles release once ever 4-6 years computers will still crush consoles in all aspects. but in the gaming market consoles win. in tell people see its cheaper in the long run to buy a $500 pc.

I think the comparison is going on between Xbox360 and PS 3 we'll stick to those, if a newer console does come out then it'd surely be better than their older counterparts. And since we're not taking PCs into consideration then no use comparing consoles with the PC. PCs get newer upgrades almost every 6 months, so obviously they're better.

Maybe you are just terrible with taking care of them?

I've never had a single console ever break for me in the whole 20+ years of gaming.

That's almost impossible, unless you are taking care of them like hell! Have you ever owned a Xbox 360? or do you have a PS3? (if you have an Xbox 360, I am sure you got the three red lights)> 90% sure.

One thing I've also noticed about the 360 is that it loves to overheat a lot, I mean this is a hot country, electronics over heating are pretty common, but the Ps3 seems to have better cooling capabilities as well, since I've played it for longer than I played with the 360 in question and the temperature was much cooler.

Which is better? Both! I love both of them. Each has its strengths and weaknesses. ps3 has more graphic power/ blu-ray/ internet ect. while 360 has IMO a better content browsing interface/ online play. As for gaming both have awesome console exclusives- no need to name them all. For gameplay, i like the 360 remote for FPS while the ps3 has a better d-pad for fighting games. Also i like the triggers on the 360 better. About the 360 breaking, i have had my 360 since 06/07 and play it just about everyday for HOURS on end esp considering the long, time consuming games i play on it (fallout 3, Mass effect 1/2, borderlands, Elder scrolls, Fable, hours of Call of duty, ect- my game stack is about a small book shelf). even with that not a single problem with overheating, disk scratching, or anything! (knock on wood) never anything wrong with my remotes either as spacecreep mentioned (maybe you need to take care of your stuff better?). And really people? complaining about paying for XLB? its like 5 bucks a month.

That's almost impossible, unless you are taking care of them like hell! Have you ever owned a Xbox 360? or do you have a PS3? (if you have an Xbox 360, I am sure you got the three red lights)> 90% sure.

I had a 360 up until about 6 months ago when I sold it. Had it for about 3 years, and never had an overheating issue, nor the red ring issues that are so common.

I'm pretty much the same as Koby in that. I've had almost all gaming systems--no ps3-- that have been out in the last 25+ years, never had one break. (other than the NES carts when having to constantly blow on them to get the dust out. :P ) And I don't clean them constantly or anything either.

As for comparison. For online play id always go for the 360, but for almost everything else I'd wan't a PS3. Love the exclusives on it, the BR player, and better gfx. :)

My opinion of why the PS3 is better than the 360 (and I have both) is simply this: You get more out of what you spend on the PS3 than you do with the 360. I think it's utter BS that you have to pay in order to play online with the 360. I had about five months free for the 360, and to be honest I loved it. However, since my free time has run up I haven't touched the console. Why bother? I can play as much as I want on my PS3 for free. Why pay any amount of money for something I can get for free. It sucks that games like Fable and Left 4 Dead are exclusive to the 360, but what can you do? I don't have the money to shelve out just so I can play games I already bought. When this is brought up people's arguments are always the same, "You're paying for a better gaming environment". Again I call BS. 360 gamers are just as much of a-holes, if not more so, than PS3 users. If I wanted to be called a f*g, I wouldn't need to pay $15 a month/$60 a year. Not even to mention the fact that the PS3 comes with a built in blue-ray player. Then there's the whole red-ring fiasco. I would say 9/10 of my friends who have a 360 had to get theirs replace where as I don't even know anyone who's had to replace their PS3, but I'm sure they have their problems too.

I prefer the PS3 for a lot of reasons, but mainly due to the controller (feels more comfortable and less tanky) and the quality of exclusives (Uncharted and inFamous). Also, the blu-rays are of course a better format than the DVD-ROM's of Xbox games. I've had issues with 360 games, but never with PS3 disks.

Honestly, the only reason I have a 360 was to play Alan Wake.

I prefer the PS3 for a lot of reasons, but mainly due to the controller (feels more comfortable and less tanky) and the quality of exclusives (Uncharted and inFamous). Also, the blu-rays are of course a better format than the DVD-ROM's of Xbox games. I've had issues with 360 games, but never with PS3 disks.

Honestly, the only reason I have a 360 was to play Alan Wake.

According to test, DVDs games don't work very well or at all if they are scratched up or smudged, but BluRay discs works just the same no matter how many scratches or smudges are on the disc. This is mainly due to the higher quality medium and enhanced storage space (25GB single layer and 50GB dual layer, compared to a DVDs 4.5GB single layer and 9GB dual-layer estimates for disc space).

• 5 months later...

Please this is not a topic to stir up fanboy fights. I am merely interested to know why people choose the console listing their good reasons. Both are good consoles so lets be civilized.

As for myself, I judge greatly on what exclusive games in past track records each console releases. Final fantasy, resident evil and demon sole were some of the games that made me want to get the PS3.

PlayStation 3.

Online is better, Online is free, less n00bs, Blu-ray, higher quality video, higher quality sound, better exclusives, controller is shaped to fit your hands more comfortably, and comes pre-installed with wi-fi capabilities.

I take my xbox with me to friends houses often.

Not to mention all my friends have xbox too.

What the hell? Why take yours if they already have one?