What made you continue to watch Naruto after the first episode?

Xanodus

I started watching it at the very beginning when it started to air on Cartoon Network. At first it was a bit slow, but once it finally hit the 15-20th Episode where the awesomeness finally began, then I got hooked. Back then was around 2006-2007 I think? Anyway, I watched the show up until about in the 80s Episodes. Then for some reason I just started to stop watching it. However, about 3 months ago I had some friends talking about it, and for some reason I went onto a website (AnimeFreak) and started watching it. Once again, got hooked, but instead of 2 Episodes a week, it was more like 7-19 Episodes a Night. Watched the entire first series in under 3 weeks. Yeah 220 Episodes in that time, was freakin' awesome!

Then started watching Naruto Shippuden, now that was what I was looking forward too, complete action the whole way through. But sadly, once I hit the 170 or so Episode mark, when those annoying fillers came on, I watched like 7 Episodes worth and got completely bored. So now when I watch episodes I watch literally 1-2 a night or whenever I watch it instead of the epic 7-19. Because fillers are really tedious to me.

Anyway, that's my story.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I started watching it years ago on tv, but it never got past episode 50. So last year I was bored and randomly remembered about it and started watching it, the fillers at the end of the show nearly turned me off the whole series, but Shippuden thankfully isn't as bad with its fillers as the first one.

Crazy kid, awesome music, sexy jutsu. "If you ever lay a hand on my sensei, I'll kill you" -enter rockin guitar- "Take your best shot fool, I give it back to you one thousand fold" suh suh suh suh!

All of that. Although just watching the first few minutes was enough for me to seal the deal for all 220 episodes and the movies.
What's not to like? things do go a little slow in later episodes but the general feel is pretty damn awesome. Surpasses even the mighty DBZ for what it is.

Looking forward to Shippuden.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I remember seeing the trailers on TV when it was first coming out in the US and thought I'd give it a chance. I'm pretty sure my younger self was a lot more patient and I watched enough episodes to get hooked on the series. Now that I think about it I have a harder time watching shows that already have like 200+ episodes aired compared to new ones/ few episodes. Maybe it was the fact that it was new at the time.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It was on tv during the other anime shows at the time so I just continued to watch along. I instantly got pulled into the plot and been hooked ever since. I am extremely happy I did now too. The interactions between characters was the reason I stayed in the beginning but the characters and the story gained depth. It also looked like it would be a underdog style anime and who doesn't like to root for strong willed underdogs!

• 1 month later...