what anime have you watched but never finished and why

salmun

Attack on Titan, I got around 9 episodes in and just couldn't stand it any more. I found it overhyped and out of a reasonably large group of main characters I could only like ONE of them. Plus it had bad pacing and filled with angst.

I also couldn't finish Guilty Crown. I loved the first half, but the second half had such a huge personality shift that I just couldn't finish it.

Naruto. I mostly watched the first series & very little on Shippuden. Why did I stop watching? Mostly because I came to question why the hell I ever got into the series? Granted I read the manga first then watched the anime version, but at some point I wondered what the hell makes it so special.

I stopped giving a damn series after, in the manga, Obito was revealed to be Tobi (big shocker) & how he & Madara were kept alive all this time. Also, it's partly cuz of the fandom I now more or less hate Naruto. I wish for it to end soon, and/or the series & some of its characters to just die, period.

Edited by Predaking-117

Naruto. I mostly watched the first series & very little on Shippuden. Why did I stop watching? Mostly because I came to question why the hell I ever got into the series? Granted I read the manga first then watched the anime version, but at some point I wondered what the hell makes it so special.

I stopped giving a damn series after, in the manga, Obito was revealed to be Tobi (big shocker) & how he & Madara were kept alive all this time. Also, it's partly cuz of the fandom I now more or less hate Naruto. I wish for it to end soon, and/or the series & some of its characters to just die, period.

I must say, I cant agree with you more!! lol you must be loving all the Naruto series/movie/specials uploads that have recently hit Kametsu forums :P (no hate to the uploaders)

I must say, I cant agree with you more!! lol you must be loving all the Naruto series/movie/specials uploads that have recently hit Kametsu forums :P (no hate to the uploaders)

Honestly, I watched almost all the Naruto movies up till Blood Prison. I never saw Road to Ninja, & I don't wanna. The specials, I don't care. OVAs, don't care. What few canon episodes I watched in Shippuden, some could be better. I seriously wish I could erase all of it from my memory.

Edited by Predaking-117

Honestly, I watched almost all the Naruto movies up till Blood Prison. I never saw Road to Ninja, & I don't wanna. The specials, I don't care. OVAs, don't care. What few canon episodes I watched in Shippuden, some could be better. I seriously wish I could erase all of it from my memory.

LOL ah man, it sounds like you have it way worse than me... I called it quits after episode 40 or so xD. And and also because my friends ("friends") spoiled it... but yah it is quite a overrated series, but mainstream

LOL ah man, it sounds like you have it way worse than me... I called it quits after episode 40 or so xD. And and also because my friends ("friends") spoiled it... but yah it is quite a overrated series, but mainstream

Frankly there's a hell of a lot of other things WAY better than Naruto. And it's not just other anime, but almost everything else in existence is much, MUCH better than this excuse of a series about 'ninjas'. I like some of the other mainstream anime, but I don't care. They're more entertaining. 

Frankly there's a hell of a lot of other things WAY better than Naruto. And it's not just other anime, but almost everything else in existence is much, MUCH better than this excuse of a series about 'ninjas'. I like some of the other mainstream anime, but I don't care. They're more entertaining. 

lol! I cant judge to critically as I only got up to episode 40 xD. Sounds like I didnt miss out on much :P

lol! I cant judge to critically as I only got up to episode 40 xD. Sounds like I didnt miss out on much :P

Aside from a lot of new characters coming into the picture, some dying (apparently not enough), some coming back from the dead, and lot of retarded plot twists many of us either saw coming or don't care about, Naruto is now something I wish I could senselessly beat to death without remorse. Like Twilight. And Justin Beiber. And a lot of other things. 

Aside from a lot of new characters coming into the picture, some dying (apparently not enough), some coming back from the dead, and lot of retarded plot twists many of us either saw coming or don't care about, Naruto is now something I wish I could senselessly beat to death without remorse. Like Twilight. And Justin Beiber. And a lot of other things. 

LOL, this sounds all too familiar! Well thank goodness anime never stopped there.. :D

My hatred of Naruto aside, there are some other anime I didn't finish.

I never finished watching the first Fullmetal Alchemist anime. I saw the first few episodes & it got me hooked into the series. But after I started buying/reading the manga, I just never came back to watching it. Except for seeing a few of the final episodes & Conqueror of Shamballa, I just stuck with the source material - until Brotherhood came around, which is more faithful to the manga. I honestly liked it more & finished it all the way through, & even saw The Sacred Star of Milos. Huh. I doubt I'll go back & watch the first FMA anime at this point. 

Oh god, don't get me started on Rosario + Vampire. I honestly love the manga, & just finished reading the final chapter of season 2 the other day (with an epilogue coming soon). But I couldn't even bare watching the first episode of the anime. I just stopped after watching trailers & scenes of the adaptation, & it made me wanna hit my head against my desk. I'm all for fanservice here & there, but not when it entirely dominates a show like that! Geez....

Then there's Shaman King. I read the manga all the way through, & watched the anime when it was being dubbed by 4kids years ago. I only watched it whenever I could, & sometimes I got confused at what was going on as I didn't know what was canon or filler at the time. But I got around to seeing the final few episodes, who the bad guys are, etc. to know it was....okay. I dunno if it counts as finishing it or not, but I didn't see the entire anime.

Edited by Predaking-117

• 4 months later...

Tower of druaga. God it was so boring! For some odd reason I tried to stick with it hoping some neat powers or something, but it was just so artificial, contrived and uninteresting I shift deleted it one time.

I too have lost interest in naruto, but I haven't stopped considering picking it up where I left. I've been a narutard ever since the dattebayo days, which incidentally was when I first used bittorrent. Damn, the nostalgia.  However for a long time now they have over-abused fillers, and neat fighting moves, which were so common in the first seasons are rarer than hen's teeth.

Also the obsession for sasugay kun has just oversteped it's boundtry in a gross fashion.

....... im probly gona get slaughtered here, but i never finished Code Geass......

i dont know why, i lost interest somewhere in episode 6 or 7. Was watching it after Death Note, so it just wasnt stimulating enough.....

i should probly give it another go  -__-

well i would have to say Naruto for 2 reasons 1 it was nothing but the same crap each episode fighting then more fighting then even more and 2 Sakura has to be the number 1 most annoying female character in exsistance it`s a wonder one of the ninjas accidently miss fire and hit her instead wishful thinking lol