• The Elder Scrolls Series
    • I like them both equally
    • I don't like either of them

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fallout> Elder scrolls any day, with the exception of Fallout 3, Obsidian/Black isle know how to make a great game with a compelling story and a multitude of moral choices and paths, bethesda are good at building worlds and lore, but leave much to be desired when it comes to everything else imo(with the exception of Morrowind). Hell in New Vegas Obsidian did everything Beth promised to do in 3 and still it offered more in terms of decision making and non linearity than even Skyrim did,I'd even put fallout 2 over skyrim in this aspect

I'll just sign under this.

Fallout offered much more of freedom (and i dont mean open world, i mean decisions and consequences) than TES even back when it was still isometric (though the first TES i played was Morrowind, maybe the two before that offered more, i dont know), then lost a lot of its charm with the third installment and regained it in full and added more with NV. In Skyrim, Molag Bar tells you to beat a person to death (to several deaths, even). You do that, cause you dont have choice. You cant tell him to stick that mace up his daedric behind, no, and some may say that it's logical, you cant argue with a powerful demonic-godly type of creature. Maybe, but when in NV House tries to manipulate you like a puppet you can find his cryogenic capsule and work some amateur science on it with a tragic outcome. That i like. Where is Molag Bar's cryogenic apparatus?

Elder Scrolls, even though Fallout is just a futuristic version of Elder Scrolls. I like it better because Fallout has to many distractions, scenery wise of course. But it wouldn't matter if they fixed the little shit-let details. I'd still go for Elder Scrolls because it's the original, I'm a sucker for originals.

Elder Scrolls, even though Fallout is just a futuristic version of Elder Scrolls. I like it better because Fallout has to many distractions, scenery wise of course. But it wouldn't matter if they fixed the little shit-let details. I'd still go for Elder Scrolls because it's the original, I'm a sucker for originals.

Elder Scrolls is the original of Fallout? The two games had nothing to do with each other until Bethesda acquired the rights, and New Vegas was even developed by another studio. Now the similarities they share are only technological, it's hard to call one a version of another.

• 4 weeks later...

I never played any of the fallout games before Fallout 3, but I loved that game on my comp. New Vegas was a sequel that could have been great if they either 1) fixed the bugs that plagued the engine or 2)updated the graphics so that is looked newer. Fallout 3 had a better main story to me, but new vegas did a better job of encouraging you to explore. Fallout 3 was a great groundbreaker for Bethesda in the series but Obsidian never does enough for me when they take over game series. New vegas was good, but they needed to fix the bugs. Also, dlc for Fallout 3 was way better than what I have played for new vegas. I actually downloaded it all for Fallout 3!

On the matter of elder scrolls, I started on morrowind and loved that game. It had a great, exotic feel to it. oblivion was good, but i feel that the played it safe and took less risks in story and setting. I have yet to actually finish an elder scrolls game because i get distracted with all the side quests. Skyrim is the worst for that, but it was makes the games sooooo good. I love skyrim and havent played a fallout game for any length of time since it came out. I tried the other day but was too constricted by setting up everything before i left the doc's house. I dont think that i will look at western rpgs the same if they continue to force u to pick skills at the start of the game. Skyrim has changed that for me.

All in all, while both series had their times i loved, Skyrim is the true vote for me. Now the just need a Fallout game with skyrim's engine and graphics. then there would be a true competition.

PS the first three fallout games (1,2, tactics) were not made by bethesda. the elder scrolls series has been bethesda's baby since they made the first if i am not mistaken. thus the compitition is somewhat slanted anyway. Bethesda needs to come out with an elder scrolls or Fallout that doesnt break so easily. I have yet to play a Bethesda game that doesnt glitch every playthrough (or restart of a character).

The elder scrolls, lost many hours in oblivion, pretty sure skyrim will take up plenty more hours of my life,

don't get my wrong, i loved fallout 3 and new vegas, but i prefer the style of the elder scrolls over fallout

I have yet to actually finish an elder scrolls game because i get distracted with all the side quests.

All in all, while both series had their times i loved, Skyrim is the true vote for me. Now the just need a Fallout game with skyrim's engine and graphics. then there would be a true competition.

Same here! I've spent like 30 hours in Skyrim already and have yet to go see the Greybeards. I never even went to Chorrol to see Jauffre in Oblivion just spent hour after hour sidequesting.

In regards to the second point...DEFINATELY!!!

I like both franchises I like to fly and jump as you can in Morrowind (and I'm HIGHLY disappointed that they took Levitate out of Oblivion and Skyrim ><) but sometime you want to blow someone's head off or melt them into a pile of goo or nuke them... why not? AND you get a don named DOGMEAT!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! (which he very quickly becomes...)