• Fallout Series
    • The Elder Scrolls Series
    • I like them both equally
    • I don't like either of them

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fallout> Elder scrolls any day, with the exception of Fallout 3, Obsidian/Black isle know how to make a great game with a compelling story and a multitude of moral choices and paths, bethesda are good at building worlds and lore, but leave much to be desired when it comes to everything else imo(with the exception of Morrowind). Hell in New Vegas Obsidian did everything Beth promised to do in 3 and still it offered more in terms of decision making and non linearity than even Skyrim did,I'd even put fallout 2 over skyrim in this aspect

I must post again to defend the pride of the Elder Scrolls. One word that will put all your arguments to shame. Mods. You can mod the Elder Scrolls into whatever kind of game you want. Morrowind has the most mods for one game ever. So maybe Fallout is better just by itself, but with mods then Elder Scrolls destroys the whole Fallout series

I must post again to defend the pride of the Elder Scrolls. One word that will put all your arguments to shame. Mods. You can mod the Elder Scrolls into whatever kind of game you want. Morrowind has the most mods for one game ever. So maybe Fallout is better just by itself, but with mods then Elder Scrolls destroys the whole Fallout series

Elder Scrolls games for sure!! I Have always loved the beautiful landscapes, the ability to wield magic and just in general sword fighting!! Where the Fallout games are good they dont speak to me as much as an elder scroll game. The lands are just to dead and can be quite boring, not to say that the game is boring.

Fallout 3 for me, New Vegas just didnt have the post apocalyptic feel to it that F3 did, I tried Oblivion but got it on rental and didnt get gripped by it during the time I had it so never went back to it. Plus I like V.A.T.S

Actually, Fallout has always been about rebuilding after the apocalypse, Fallout 3 ignored that completely and gave a generic post apocalyptic environment where people simply wallow in it's filth, While new vegas stayed true to this and had many aspects of civilization.

The modding community for fallout is pretty large as well, not as big as Tes(No total overhauls like Nehrim) but still very large.

elder scrolls all the way prefer it over fall out as it bored me to death yes veges was alright but it bored me skyrim owns legion ftw :D seriously i loved the elder scrolls because of the variety of things one can do so many quests. it is not a cheap nock off fable. Fable is a piece of crap compared to the elder scrolls.

ELDER SCROLLS!!!!!!!!!!

Morrowind is still the best one, I put more hours into that game then any other I've played.

(with the exception of 007:Golden Eye on N64) I estimate roughly 6 months of total time on that game.

(including countless hours in the menus) And besides, in what other game can you get a staff that lets you FLY, or a deed to start your own town! (even though I never found out how to use it or how to start something like that)

I had so many wonderful items, it would take way too long to list them and their effects.

And that is why I think, without a doubt that Elder Scrolls is superior!

I like Fallout a lot more than The Elder Scrolls, I just think that Fallout is way more badass, plus The Elder Scrolls just feels like a Fable rip-off to me whenever I play it.

Actually the elder scrolls series is quite a bit older than the fable series :D

As much as I loved both I prefer the Fallout series. I like how fallout is more modern (pre and post modern at the same time actually) and is easier to relate to plus I thought that it had more in the way of equipment, customization and especially moral decision making.

The primary reason why I like Fallout better is because I'm a huge fan of JRPG's (Final Fantasy, Golden Sun, Fire Emblem, etc) but The Elder Scrolls games are western rpgs (u know with the old english and knights and mead and stuff, etc).