Light Yagami vs. Lelouche vi Britannia

Monad-Gnostis

Which would win?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Which would win?

Lelouche isn't really smart at all. He's someone who was made to look smart but anyone who knows what real intelligence is would see he wasn't really. He had to plan out everything in advance and if something happened in the midst of things that was a game changer he was completely shit out of luck because he couldn't come up with anything on the spot when it counted. He then used the same technique over and over again because he lacked the ability to come up with new ideas.

As far as genius goes, Light makes Lelouche appear to be retarded.

As far as a battle goes, Light doesn't have the eyes to see his name, so unless Lelouche told him his name Light couldn't do anything, especially if Lelouche was disguised as Zero. While on the other hand Lelouche could use his Geass to command Light to write his own name down, thus killing Light.

In a battle Lelouche has the upper hand, in brains Light has the upper hand.

I say screw them both, L is more smarter. But if it was those two, Lelouch would win, I can't say he's dumb but I can say that he is not as smart as L. Also Koby doesn't Light plan ahead as well? So you can't really say Lelouch is more dumb because he plans ahead.

You misunderstood what I said.

I never said Lelouche was dumb because he planned ahead. I said he wasn't as intelligent as people falsely believe because he was completely unable to adapt the plans he made in advance when the situation changed. Light on the other hand could easily rethink his strategy near instantly and counter L's plans.

You completely misunderstood every thing I said.

I never said Lelouche was dumb because he planned ahead. I said he wasn't as intelligent as people falsely believe because he was completely unable to adapt the plans he made in advance when the situation changed. Light on the other hand could easily rethink his strategy near instantly and counter L's plans.

LOL! talk about my crappy grammar, I always never think and type out crap, what I meant is more dumber. Anyways I don't really recall Light ever had to rethink, so I can't really say, I haven't watched the anime since last year. But in my opinion Lelouch is a lot better, he in the end saved the world for others, where Light ends up selfishly making it for himself.

Lelouch I will admit doesn't have the same cold-heartedness as Light. There are times in the Death Note anime where Light is taken by surprise, but is able to keep his calm and think his way out of it. e.g., when L sits down next to Light in To-Oh University and says "Oh, and by the way, I'm L". We hear Light's thoughts, he's freaking out, but outwardly, he's perfectly calm and is able to talk back to L as if he's not worried at all.

Lelouch though does have a bit of an anger management issue. There are times where he gets foiled and he immediately starts raging. He loses his focus.

rikuo makes a great point. Light is a lot better at keeping calm and has much more self control. They are different, I don't think you can truly compare them (which is a bit ironic as I always did lol). Lelouch is a strategist, a military commander and, in my opinion, a damn good leader of men. His genius comes from his anticipation, charisma and his high confidence in his own ability. Light on the other hand, is also a strategist but he is a lot more calculating and is more like an assassin than a commander, a really ruthless guy, who can manipulate people as well as Lelouch's geass almost.

They are both supremely self confident and both have excellent anticipation but they have many differences. It's like comparing a samurai to a ninja, a rugby player to an nfl player. The basic skills are similar but after that they are quite different. In fact, my opinion has changed now that I believe they are both almost equally intelligent.

The only reason Lelouch just edges it, is because of his ability to achieve his goals, despite having to rely on others. He couldn't win without the black knights, and so worked them into his plan and was successful. In contrast, in the second half of the anime, Light showed that he didn't truly understand the people he had to use when Near figured him out after the 'second Kira' made a mistake.

Lelouch sorry guys but Lelouch out of the two was the only one who accomplished his goal and had everything go as planned. Light was more spoiled and didn't forsee everything. Lelouch predicted everything ahead of time (excluding his captured but he managed to escape) and had a counter act to pretty much everything. Light did this to some point but he got to full of himself and didn't expect all outcomes. Lelouch did expect them all and made it to all things would wind up in his favor. He wanted the ending to occur remember that. He wanted the world to think he was dead as he was taking the worlds hatred with him, and he succeeded (whether he is actually dead is not entirely confirmed but the series is over).

Lelouch sorry guys but Lelouch out of the two was the only one who accomplished his goal and had everything go as planned. Light was more spoiled and didn't forsee everything. Lelouch predicted everything ahead of time (excluding his captured but he managed to escape) and had a counter act to pretty much everything. Light did this to some point but he got to full of himself and didn't expect all outcomes. Lelouch did expect them all and made it to all things would wind up in his favor. He wanted the ending to occur remember that. He wanted the world to think he was dead as he was taking the worlds hatred with him, and he succeeded (whether he is actually dead is not entirely confirmed but the series is over).

Yes, he accomplished his goal. However no he didn't have it all planned out. He didn't come to that plan until like the last 10 episodes of R2 or so. Lelouche couldn't really formulate plans too well. He used the same strategy over and over again, and when shit hit the fan... he went 'oh fuck' and couldn't adapt his plan on the fly. That's the problem. When it came down to it Lelouche was an idiot who couldn't plan counter attacks except during the single strategy he used to best every one of his main enemies (the video tape and come up behind sneak).

Light may have been nothing more than a murderer trying to become god, but his fall was not his own. The only reason he failed was to do with a mistake that Mikami made that Light had no idea had been done. There is no way he could have seen that coming.

Also you are wrong about your final thought in parenthesis. The creators confirmed Lelouche lives in an interview. They originally wouldn't comment on it as they left it open for viewers to discuss, but they changed their mind and finally came out with the conclusion and they even state he may make an appearance in the new manga (not the new anime).