Happy Birthday Thread!

Koby

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
6 hours ago, Bluenoser said:

Well, today is the day I am officially changing decades, I made it to 50  Planning on making the most of it of course so will not be around much today...LOL

Take care everyone!

Congratulations! Happy Birthday. Hope you and the wife have a wonderful day.

You're just a few years younger than my dad, who'll be turning 52 in October. =)

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Koby said:

Congratulations! Happy Birthday. Hope you and the wife have a wonderful day.

You're just a few years younger than my dad, who'll be turning 52 in October. =)

Why thank you Koby, yes we had a nice day overall, left me a bit tired tday, I'm not as young as I used to be...LOL

BTW, love that closing, you managed both the sugar and the starch at the same time, well done.  Way to make me feel young AND old at the same time, a rare talent...*chuckle*

Seriously, thanks Koby, and not just for the wishes.  Your site has brought me and my wife many many hours of distraction over the over 6 years since I joined, relaxation, and enjoyment in lives that have not been the easiest, permanent disability issues hitting just as you enter the 20s is a rough gig.  I can follow subbed anime, she cannot, so your site has deeply enhanced the quality of life here especially for her which of course makes me happy, and for that you have our profound thanks.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Bluenoser said:

BTW, love that closing, you managed both the sugar and the starch at the same time, well done.  Way to make me feel young AND old at the same time, a rare talent...*chuckle*

:D You're welcome.

Really like this song:

21 minutes ago, Bluenoser said:

Seriously, thanks Koby, and not just for the wishes.  Your site has brought me and my wife many many hours of distraction over the over 6 years since I joined, relaxation, and enjoyment in lives that have not been the easiest, permanent disability issues hitting just as you enter the 20s is a rough gig.  I can follow subbed anime, she cannot, so your site has deeply enhanced the quality of life here especially for her which of course makes me happy, and for that you have our profound thanks.

Glad you enjoy the site. Hopefully it'll be around for your enjoyment for many years to come.

I like both dubs and subs too, but generally go with the dub if it's available.

Of course a lot of anime isn't suitable for my daughter, who'll be turning 4 in a few weeks, but those that are, she enjoys more with audio that she can actually understand. Though it is funny when I'm watching something subtitled and she pops into the room and starts trying to repeat the Japanese outloud. I'm not entirely sure she understands that it's a different language or that other languages exist. I just laugh and she laughs and she continues on till I tell her to stop so I can listen to what is being said, lol.

Her favorite anime happens to be "My Neighbor Totoro" from the famous Studio Ghibli. She does watch more American Toons than Anime though, but that's because there are more appropriate shows for her age. Anime for her age level don't often receive dubs or recognition outside of Japan too often. I have tried a little bit of classic Digimon with her but she didn't seem to enjoy it very much just yet, so I'll give it a few years I suppose and try again. I recently started "Ronja, The Robbers Daughter" with her, so when we get some time to watch it between other things we sit down together to watch it.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 11-6-2017 at 4:42 PM, Bluenoser said:

This warms my heart, I am in the same boat (without the partner) and these communities mean so much to someone like me as your message clearly shows. It makes my life so much more enjoyable and whole. Do not know how my life would be without all these communities and sharers. It is literally a lifeline.

Like my signature says, thank you!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...