Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Coming Back in January 2010

cloud1414

newlogo.png

Straight from Bandai America’s press release, not only will a new collection of MMPR toys will be coming back, but Mighty Morphin Power Rangers will make it back to the airwaves January 2010 on ABC Kids. Here’s the excerpt:

Bandai America will bring the best-selling Power Rangers toy line back to its intergalactic, prehistoric roots with the “five teenagers with attitude” that started it all in a new collection of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers toys. The inaugural and most recognizable of 15 Power Rangers themes, this powered up Mighty Morphin line will feature both fresh and nostalgic play and collection experiences. Including action figures, vehicles, Megazords and role-play items aligned with the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers TV series premiering Saturday mornings January, 2010 on ABC Kids; the highly anticipated toys will begin to arrive at retail by the end of this year.

Not only that, but there will be a contest to boot that is worth $11,000 in cash and prizes called the “Power Up Video Challenge”. Read more below:

Consumers will be challenged to view a Power Rangers “cliffhanger video” online or at one of more than 2,000 movie theatres in the U.S., and then submit their own unique ending in a mini-movie or story-board at Bandai.com. Selected by both peers and a judging panel, the winning video and story-board entries will receive $10,000 and $1,000 in cash prizes respectively. Participants learn more and enter to win between October 1 and December 15 at www.Bandai.com.

We heard months ago from Tony Oliver that MMPR seasons 1-3 were getting remastered, and there was also a casting side for the promo about the contest floating around as well, so I’m glad things are coming into fruition. No wonder RPM is getting rushed to finish this year. They’ve been planning a reboot of sorts, and I’m really excited!

(Courtesy: Bandai America) & http://awwman.com/nps/main

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Now this should be front page news.

Ahh the memories, of racing home from school to catch the 3:30 episode.

Good times.

However I didn't really like it after ther original series.

P.S. Has anyone seen a picture of Jason Frank (a.k.a. Tommy a.k.a. The Green/White Ranger) lately. He is massive.

Everyone who was born in the 90s watched Power Rangers. XD

I think watching it now would be kind of boring because the series was rather repetitive. But I might check it out, for old times' sake.

Hehehe, I started watching it for that very reason and you are right, it was boring... Through many of the episodes especially through the Zords' fights I was like (-.-)zzZ...Huh...(-.-)Zzz... I really hate the parts when Zords are fighting. But some parts were worth watching...

Everyone who was born in the 90s watched Power Rangers. XD

I think watching it now would be kind of boring because the series was rather repetitive. But I might check it out, for old times' sake.

P.S. It made me really happy when I realized that Tommy from the original was in DinoThunder.

I started watching Power Rangers when I was 4 years old, so 1993 I think?

That was the first U.S. Series back then.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...