Story/Poem of the month! ~Results~

Talena Mae

It's time for something new and exciting! Enter STORY/POEM OF THE MONTH!!

Rules:

Your story must be new, something that has not been seen in Kametsu yet.

Normal forum rules apply

if it is a part of a series please make sure you post the whole series.

Can be any length!

Judging:

As it goes for the moment I will read and judge all entries, as such I will not enter this contest as it would be unfair. If sometime later another staff member wishes to judge please let me know ^.^

Enteries will close on the 8th of December

Any questions feel free to send me a message.

Let's have fun as this month anything goes!

Edited by Emotional Outlet

Why do I need a panel? I am not entering, I am getting a book published and i have been writing longer then any one here (not trying to big note my self just saying the facts) if you can think of anyone with more exp then I in this forum let me know.

I know for a fact there are some good writers here, dont get me wrong, but I think I am better suited to this sort of thing then a panel (meaning no offence)

I never meant it in that sense, I mean a panel is kinda a better idea due to conflict of interests. If you look at it this way a single person can never be completely unbiased as they might like another story due to the genre or writing style in lew of merit. No offence intended as no one can be completely unbiased.

Also, if you look at the way publishers work (you brought them into it so I'll use as example) no story is ever published unless the majority of whatever they are called (talent scouts? Editors panel?) Passes the story. That way the merits are judged more than genre and trends. Or at least thats what ive been lead to believe by my talent scout/whatever there are called. Same with every book contest I know of.

Twas just a suggestion...

I might contribute a short story if I have the time. Which I pretty much do at the moment; but distractions can and will occur, I find. ;) I'll try and contain it within 10~ MS Word pages...although whenever I get around to writing something I usually have the urge to want to turn it into some Epic trilogy. >_> I suppose therein lies a personal challenge, so count me in. It will be something fantasy-based.

My rock

I left you alone

chased my dreams

didn't pick up the phone

or hear your heart's screams

you understood, didnt fight

Welcomed me back

When I saw the light

Though I failed in all I tried

Moaned and huffed and cried,

you just smiled and waited

our relationship was fated

what joy we have created

My love for you burns bright

I yearn for you

With all my might

Whilst the haters may point and mock

my heart's like a sped up clock

because you, my love, are my rock

My second ever poem, don't know if its any good but this is all I've got time for in terms of entering lol

I never meant it in that sense, I mean a panel is kinda a better idea due to conflict of interests. If you look at it this way a single person can never be completely unbiased as they might like another story due to the genre or writing style in lew of merit. No offence intended as no one can be completely unbiased.

Also, if you look at the way publishers work (you brought them into it so I'll use as example) no story is ever published unless the majority of whatever they are called (talent scouts? Editors panel?) Passes the story. That way the merits are judged more than genre and trends. Or at least thats what ive been lead to believe by my talent scout/whatever there are called. Same with every book contest I know of.

Twas just a suggestion...

All stories are judged on writing style as are poems, I will read anything to tell you the truth and I will continue to read if I enjoy the writing style. Terry Pratchet is a fine example of this, some of his books are so great that they blow your mind, where as others (Mort for example) not so much, but I have read every one he has released as he has a great style.

Having judged this sort of contest before (in another forum) i am quite sure i can be 90% unbiased (though I do prefer a sort of story line) but having said that I was planning to put up a poll in then end and let the public pick what story they like (all votes will be viewable thus cuts down the chance of cheating) as a 'judge' i was just planning to help out with spelling, flow and if there was not really anyone reading the stories then and only then I will step in and say "This poem/story wins because the flow felt better and i enjoyed the writing style, I think you could improve it by doing blah blah blah.

I might contribute a short story if I have the time. Which I pretty much do at the moment; but distractions can and will occur, I find. ;) I'll try and contain it within 10~ MS Word pages...although whenever I get around to writing something I usually have the urge to want to turn it into some Epic trilogy. >_> I suppose therein lies a personal challenge, so count me in. It will be something fantasy-based.

You will be quite welcome to join Jar, I look forward to it! ^.^

My rock

I left you alone

chased my dreams

didn't pick up the phone

or hear your heart's screams

you understood, didnt fight

Welcomed me back

When I saw the light

Though I failed in all I tried

Moaned and huffed and cried,

you just smiled and waited

our relationship was fated

what joy we have created

My love for you burns bright

I yearn for you

With all my might

Whilst the haters may point and mock

my heart's like a sped up clock

because you, my love, are my rock

You have switched between giving capital letters at the beginning of a line then lower case, I think it would be better to have all caps... but that is my opinion, other then that it had a rather bitter-sweet feeling to it, well done Dan ^.^

((Untitled-

I think that love brings more sight, to me or you who are stuck in night.

Love is a beauty without sight, it is a motion that doesn't move consisting of emotion for a movement meant to sooth. If i dare to begin to explain what I think of love; I think I'll start with a girls name, but out of respect for her I dare not speak with her name.

All I say is "I do not know why I love you but I do, even when you hate me like you do".

Dare to dream without love but without love we'll never see.

Love is the light that guides my path, start to finish its all been a womans wrath.

Even when I begin to see what I pass, it makes me think a lot then makes me sad.

Sadness is not to fear, it is not a thing to make disappear, embrace the pain so you know when you see it.

Never let anyone feel sad when you see them.))

I admit this probably wont make sense, but the end should be clearish I hope.

as I learn and develop my own philosophy, I have taken under an old Buddha's path which is to give my emotions to others and leave myself empty but ever willing.

((Untitled-

I think that love brings more sight, to me or you who are stuck in night.

Love is a beauty without sight, it is a motion that doesn't move consisting of emotion for a movement meant to sooth. If i dare to begin to explain what I think of love; I think I'll start with a girls name, but out of respect for her I dare not speak with her name.

All I say is "I do not know why I love you but I do, even when you hate me like you do".

Dare to dream without love but without love we'll never see.

Love is the light that guides my path, start to finish its all been a womans wrath.

Even when I begin to see what I pass, it makes me think a lot then makes me sad.

Sadness is not to fear, it is not a thing to make disappear, embrace the pain so you know when you see it.

Never let anyone feel sad when you see them.))

I admit this probably wont make sense, but the end should be clearish I hope.

as I learn and develop my own philosophy, I have taken under an old Buddha's path which is to give my emotions to others and leave myself empty but ever willing.

If i dare your i needs to be capped ^.^

It is a little confusing I will admit, but when reading it I felt a sence of loss and lonelyness. A sad but good bit of work there Steve, thanks for entering ^.^