Anime You've Recently Completed?

Kid Ryan

Neon Genesis Evangelion 26/26 - 7/10

The story starts as Shinji Ikari as the protagonist, he was a 14 year old middle schooler and was one day fetch by Misato Katsuragi and was bought to a hidden headquarters of the Humans called NERV. NERV's mission is to kill all of the Angels which was the caused of the 2nd Impact and the only way to stop these Angels is with the use of the so called machines Evangelion. The story unfolds as Shinji Ikari is forced to pilot Unit 01 Eva and fights the remaining Angels in the world.

well this is my first time watching this old classic anime, in fact, i did not focus too much with the animations or the graphics.. all i did was to see on how the story unfolds.

the series starts interesting from the earlier episodes but somehow loses it's impact in the last parts. the plot is very dark, gloomy and depressing as if the person who will watch it will be feel frustrated or hate most of the cast.

i have my doubts that episodes 25 and 26 are an alternate episodes up to the ending. and it seems that the 2 episodes look like an OVA since it only depicts too much clips and lots of psychological trauma.

there was some character development in the series and was a little off since there are some odd things about the storytelling. most of the episodes in the middle part of the series up to the climax is very fast paced and if the watcher does not take attention too much, he/she will be lost in the plot pace.

for all of the anime's that i've seen.. i could say that Shinji Ikari has the most pathetic and weak minded protagonist that i've seen. he only cares for himself and even with that.. he looks down on himself, and does see things or his surroundings in a heavy burdened way (as if people treat him as a useless and worthless human with no reason of existance).

so far, the gloomy and very dark atmosphere of the series never stops.. as this kind of character development does not only concern Shinji Ikari, but also to some of the cast in the series.

Neon Genesis Evangelion is pretty much a mecha series but there are only a number of specific fights where you can see the protagonist fight seriously. the animation is old since it is a classic from the 90's. but, regardless of this.. it has some unique artworks and designs which you can't see from any other animes around.

well, i think this is it for that.. the highest score that i could give to this one is 7/10.. and still, im not that contented to the plot since that it's quite deep and very dark

Neon Genesis Evangelion the Movie: The end of Evangelion 1/1 - 7/10

Neon Genesis Evangelion the Movie takes place after the 26 episode series, and as much as it does display. the movie seems to be an another ending for the series.

i will not say too much about this, but if the first 26 episodes series is dark, gloomy and depressing.. End of Evangelion is much more than that.

The artwork and animation in the movie is excellent, it's not to be comparable to the animations to this date, but seeing the animations made to that point of time.. i can say that it excels on par to the other animes that it is competing.

the movie depicts some nudity from the start. there are also some sexual scenes in some parts of the story. i can say that i did not expect some Ecchi stuff from a classic anime from the 90's.

Character development was still there in the series, but it only focused on the most important persons in the series.

Shinji Ikari is still pathetic, the story revolves on him even though the persons in his side are being killed. The guy also has his own psychological breakdown as the movie unfolds.

The ending is quite unique in the end, which means i did not expect it to be like that.. it is something that i can remember for this series with the fact of the protagonist own character development.

just as the score that i've given to the 26 episodes series.. i can give 7/10 for this.

i could watch it again to review some of the plot.. but maybe later, since that it's quite tiring to watch gloomy and dark atmosphere anime's =)

with all of that, watching this series is pretty hard if you are the kind of person who are not that into reading and analyzing the plot. it's not action based, the story much more covers some psychological interface with most of the characters.

Code Geass R2, I'd give it a 7/10. The beginning and ending were good, but the middle was just a complete mess. Not to mention some of the plot twists and tactics used were complete garbage. Take the final battle for instance, Napoleonic line tactics with giant robots? That can fly? Seriously?

That would be Eureka Seven. I give it 8/10. I enjoyed the anime, really, but some parts were really smooshy to me, like them in the end saving the world, and hearts flying all around (wtf?? o.O), and her being in the need of help all the time, and him "i will protect Eureka!" -.- and so on and so on. Oh, and i rofled the most in the football episode.