What Games Are You Currently Playing?

Koby

Mostly been playing these lately:

• Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII Reunion (PC)
  • Dragon Quest Treasures (Switch)
  • Grandia (PC)
  • Monark (PC)
  • Pokémon Violet (Switch)
  • Star Ocean 06: The Divine Force (PC)
  • Tactics Ogre: Reborn (PC)
  • Tales of Innocence R (Vita)

Tales of Innocence R and Monark have been taking the backburner lately because I just don't have the time to keep up with everything currently. Crisis Core is the one I'm focusing on most, but Dragon Quest Treasures and Tactics Ogre: Reborn are also fairly high priority for me for now. Pokemon Violet I made it to the post-game stuff and pretty much put it on hold for now. and likely won't get back to it until after the holidays and only once Crisis Core has been completed. Star Ocean 6 and Grandia I try to get at least an hour in a week, but that's not always possible.

I seem to flip between games a lot and a lot of them end up on the backburner and never seem to get off it. Namely the following games have been completely lost on the backburner for a long period: Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth, Earthlock, FF2 Pixel Remaster, Live A Live, Shin Megami Tensei V, Star Ocean 04: The Last Hope, Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin, Tokyo Xanadu eX+, Voice of Cards, The Isle Dragon Roars, and Yu-Gi-Oh! Rush Duel. I would like to eventually get back to them, but the sad truth of the matter is the majority of them will likely be dropped simply from lack of interest and time. Shin Megami Tensei V and Voice of Cards are two that I DEFINITELY want to get back to at some point though if any.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Green Dragoon said:

I'm currently trying to get back on the grid for Arc Rise Fantasia on the Nintendo Wii and Person 5 (PS3 Version), I think I'm getting close to the end that I can complete the whole original trilogy of the Persona games.

Arc Rise Fantasia was fun, but the voice acting was terrible. I never completed the game though for reasons that I don't recall and it's been on my list to eventually return to someday and complete.

The past week I've been playing Hogwarts Legacy on PC.

11 hours ago, Koby said:

Arc Rise Fantasia was fun, but the voice acting was terrible. I never completed the game though for reasons that I don't recall and it's been on my list to eventually return to someday and complete.

The past week I've been playing Hogwarts Legacy on PC.

Yes! My among other J-RPG's in my backlog. It almost felt like it is similar to The Legend of Dragoon because it doesn't have the sequel as well. LOL

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Wrapping up Trails to Azure (I've completed the Sky trilogy + Zero + Cold Steel I & II, so no spoilers please!!), I'm in the "Finale" chapter.
I'm re-visiting Wild ARMs & Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete with a friend on Monday & Thursday nights (we screenshare and talk while playing through)
Grandia III
catching up on a few Chilla's Art indie horror games I missed....they release a lot quickly!
Reel Fishing III

On 12/17/2022 at 8:47 PM, Koby said:

Mostly been playing these lately:

• Grandia (PC)
  • Tactics Ogre: Reborn (PC)

How were these?

Finished up Dragon Quest Monsters: The Dark Prince a few weeks back and jumped back into doing the Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII REUNION bullshit filler mission quests. Now I'm like 85% done with them, so hopefully I can knock the rest out shortly when I get some free time. In the future if I ever replay Crisis Core, I won't be doing 100% of these missions ever again. The sheer number of them is just absolutely crap... and they're just so repetitive in nature with no real differences between them so it's such a monotonous event.

4 hours ago, Zemekis said:

How were these?

I enjoyed both, but Grandia 1 is definitely the weakest of the three numbered Grandia games for me. I know that is apparently against the fandom though as everyone claims the first is by far the best. However I feel like 3 had the best battle system while 2 had the best story.

As for Tactics Ogre.... it was good. It overstays it's welcome though and felt like they were just dragging it on to be dragging it on towards the end and I just couldn't wait for it to be over. Especially with the mindless 100 floor dungeon thin that ended up not being worth the time to do.

On 1/12/2024 at 11:19 AM, Koby said:

Finished up Dragon Quest Monsters: The Dark Prince a few weeks back and jumped back into doing the Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII REUNION bullshit filler mission quests. Now I'm like 85% done with them, so hopefully I can knock the rest out shortly when I get some free time. In the future if I ever replay Crisis Core, I won't be doing 100% of these missions ever again. The sheer number of them is just absolutely crap... and they're just so repetitive in nature with no real differences between them so it's such a monotonous event.

I have completed Crisis Core Reunion in Hard Mode, except the last optional boss of the mission. I switched to Normal from the setting to finish the boss off.

The trick way for me to complete each Missions, when I was running one of the walls horizontally. To avoid battles till the final battle to end each mission.

20 minutes ago, Green Dragoon said:

I have completed Crisis Core Reunion in Hard Mode, except the last optional boss of the mission. I switched to Normal from the setting to finish the boss off.

The trick way for me to complete each Missions, when I was running one of the walls horizontally. To avoid battles till the final battle to end each mission.

Yeah I've been running the walls to avoid unnecessary encounters, but that too gets monotonous and old quickly, and occasionally slip up and don't edge the wall close enough and get an encounter. Haven't jumped back in the game since my last post, but I reckon since I went from around 50% to 85% with two sittings that I can hopefully knock out the rest in one sitting. I'm on the last chapter of the game story-wise as well. My stats are pretty much max and my level is maxed. Still got quite a ways to go in terms of maxing out DMVs though... which those being completely random seems like a terrible game of chance.

21 hours ago, Koby said:

Yeah I've been running the walls to avoid unnecessary encounters, but that too gets monotonous and old quickly, and occasionally slip up and don't edge the wall close enough and get an encounter. Haven't jumped back in the game since my last post, but I reckon since I went from around 50% to 85% with two sittings that I can hopefully knock out the rest in one sitting. I'm on the last chapter of the game story-wise as well. My stats are pretty much max and my level is maxed. Still got quite a ways to go in terms of maxing out DMVs though... which those being completely random seems like a terrible game of chance.

I was thinking about the DMV grinding as well. Been a while I've played game- I think it sort of getting back to me. There is a certain shops where it will be unlock by completing a certain mission. An item that could give a high chance to summon a certain DMV and grinding it, and I think it require to feature a new mini cutscene with it or haven't shown it yet.