Dragon Ball Kai discussion

Koby

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...

To the best of my knowledge it is just something they decided to do. It is supposed to be the superior version. They went back and updated the picture quality and took out a lot of filler and unnecessary screaming. They even re-auditioned for some new voices so some of them are different. I also believe it will stop after the Cell Saga.

Dragon Ball Kai is more or less a remastered Director's Cut of Dragon Ball Z. It removes pretty much all of the filler and cuts down on the excessive scream fests. It also ends after the Cell arc, thus cutting out the entire Buu saga.

Dragon Ball Z was 291 episodes while Dragon Ball Kai is only 97.

Dragon Ball Kai is more or less a remastered Director's Cut of Dragon Ball Z. It removes pretty much all of the filler and cuts down on the excessive scream fests. It also ends after the Cell arc, thus cutting out the entire Buu saga.

Dragon Ball Z was 291 episodes while Dragon Ball Kai is only 97.

Yup thats what the series is, but I think it is worthless. I would rather watch all of the filler scenes/episodes than listen to terrible voice acting (which was redone, by the way) along with several other things. I also saw one episode where Mr PoPo wasnt black because they felt it is racist. Seriously this series was a waste of time. Honestly had no idea what they were thinking.

• 1 month later...
I actually like Kai, it's more to the point with alot more action and sticks true to the manga and not to mention funimation's dub of it, is alot better then thier dub of DBZ

The dub of Kai was alright. Frieza took a little getting use to, 18 sounds terrible, Gohan took a while to get use to, etc... Honestly though Kai does nothing but fight after fight as they cut out the resting periods which actually made this flow better. Because of that Kai feels little more than a long ass highlight reel of Z while missing one of the best arcs of the series. I actually preferred pretty much everything about Z, it's a classic and a lot of the fillers are worth watching. I'd only remove a couple such as the driving test.

The dub of Kai was alright. Frieza took a little getting use to, 18 sounds terrible, Gohan took a while to get use to, etc... Honestly though Kai does nothing but fight after fight as they cut out the resting periods which actually made this flow better. Because of that Kai feels little more than a long ass highlight reel of Z while missing one of the best arcs of the series. I actually preferred pretty much everything about Z, it's a classic and a lot of the fillers are worth watching. I'd only remove a couple such as the driving test.

I couldn't agree more I first heard the kai voices when I played Dragon Ball Raging Blast 2 on 360, I found it a huge shock and it took ages to get use to.... well i mean im still getting use to them. Ive tried to watch kai but i just can't seem to get into it as much as I did Z.

DragonBall Zkai in my opinion is pretty awesome, no filler, better voice acting, better graphics, & even a better ending to the series. In my opinion the Buu Saga ending was just a bad ending, Toriyama could have done so many things to make a better ending. The cell saga ending is much better though and it makes the anime end in a better way.

Although Kai has more positive aspects then Z, Z will always be superior...

That's true, i prfer DBZ over kai but kai is alright though, i do wish some of the old DBZ Va's came back, like Gohan, Bulma, and maybe got a new VA for Yamcha, not to say Sabat didn't do a good job as yamcha but it would've been nice to hear a different voice portray him

If you've seen Z, then no, unless you just want a highlight reel to refresh.

If you haven't seen Z, then still no. Go watch Z instead. It has an actual story and an ending.

In my opinion the Buu Saga ending was just a bad ending, Toriyama could have done so many things to make a better ending. The cell saga ending is much better though and it makes the anime end in a better way.

In my opinion the Buu Saga ending was just a bad ending, Toriyama could have done so many things to make a better ending. The cell saga ending is much better though and it makes the anime end in a better way.

Cell Saga doesn't have an ending and it also leaves out the main part of the entire show that fans had been waiting for: Goku and Vegeta's rematch.