Dragon Ball Kai discussion

Koby

Well, after Looking at Today's ep, I've decided to take back everything good I've said about about DBZ on 4kids, I mean Mr Popo was F!@# blue!! WTF!!! so far I've watched every ep that premiered on 4kids due to the fact that I don't have Nicktoons, but now I gotta say screw it, hell they even edited the Halo around Goku,so yeah, I''d much rather wait an insanely long time for the dvd's to come out. (I'd put this in my topic, but it was locked for some reason ??)

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
I think Dragonball Kai is just a giant tease. The video quality of the show is only strongly apparent in probably one or two short scenes in an episode. The sound for the Dub has improved, but it still doesn't help the fact that I keep hoping they'll just redraw the whole thing and have it look like its opening.

I mean this is what, the third or possibly even fourth remastering of the series? They just need to create all new footage using modern techniques and quit teasing us!

yeah i agree with you man i mean it has a cool intro everything looks cool and then when the actual episode starts its just a big letdown they should just remake the whole thing and make it look all new

• 1 month later...

The Dragonball series is being re-touched to reach a new audience. You have the same story and plot lines. The video looks better, but very little else has changed.

The same way Iron Man was updated. The story remains the same but the time and war used is different. Very few here could relate to the Vietnam war which was Iron Man's original setting in the comic. It had to be updated to Afghanistan. At least Dragonball did not have to change time periods or backdrop.

I love Kai. So far I am enjoying it much more than the original Z mainly because it is very faithful to the manga. I like the long power-ups but some dragged for too long and some battles were a little too long for me. Also, the new dub and soundtrack is what really brought me in. When I found out they were gonna use the JPN soundtrack I was annoyed because I heard the original Z track from the JPN and didn't like it compared to Bruce Faulconer. But, then I started to watch Kai and the soundtrack is awesome. One of my favorite tracks is Frieza's new theme.

I was just in shock after hearing that. It fits so well with him, since he was portrayed as such a ruthless and heartless killer.

Also, I love Frieza's new voice. Much better than the old one, although I did like Linda Young's perfomance this new one is better.

No idea.....heck....Can I audition?! I've only watch the dub of Kai when I get it on Blu Ray (So I've only seen the 1st 26 episodes). I have a hatred for edited versions of anime and it only gets worse so I only watch the dub if there is liek 1 part I want to see...like Goku going SSJ for the 1st time to see if they put in the demonic scream like the Japanese version. Other than that..I don't watch it. Blue Popo.....wtf. Sorry, I'm just not a person who likes censorship too much

No idea.....heck....Can I audition?! I've only watch the dub of Kai when I get it on Blu Ray (So I've only seen the 1st 26 episodes). I have a hatred for edited versions of anime and it only gets worse so I only watch the dub if there is liek 1 part I want to see...like Goku going SSJ for the 1st time to see if they put in the demonic scream like the Japanese version. Other than that..I don't watch it. Blue Popo.....wtf. Sorry, I'm just not a person who likes censorship too much

4kids made him blue.

The Nick airing is surprisingly not edited much or at least I haven't noticed much if any. To be honest I didn't like the new saying Goku said before transforming. I was a fan of the old "I am your worst Nightmare".

Well they did son Goku because they are going more to be more close to the japanese dub and how they said it in the manga. But yeah I dont understand why they change voices for each opening for each part, first it was sean, then it was justin, and now its vic. I dont mind the new versions, hell I love each one, im just waiting for part 5 since they will have the new ending :D

People are still pissed they didnt use super dragon soul when goku turned ssj since super dragon soul is his insert song when hes ssj. Oh well haha