The Strongest Females in Anime

Hitomi

Anime has been ridiculed before for having weak female roles. It’s true that there are some annoyingly weak and incompetent characters (male or female for that matter), but at the same time there are a lot of female characters playing one of the lead roles and doing a good job. A good anime seems to have a mix of both strong and not-so-strong characters. I guess it also depends on what you qualify as strength. So here's the question: Who do you think qualifies as being a strong female lead and why?

Personally, I have to go with General Olivier Mira Armstrong from “Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood”. Simply put, she’s strong, beautiful, intelligent, and has got one fiercely intimidating personality. She's a good General, but at the same time, I don’t think she's unbelievable.

Kanzaki from GTO, I'll second Revvy from black lagoon, I'll also throw in holo from spice and wolf and Yoko from the 12 kingdoms, she doesn't start strong but she ends there. And as I value strength of character tohru honda from fruits basket, though I don't doubt many people will say WTF to that, but watch closely and you will see great strength of character and heart throughout adversity, its subtle but strong, as her friends put it 'invincible love'

Erza Scarlet from Fairy Tail. She is one of the three strongest mages in Fairy Tail, but has some weaknesses nor is she unbelievable strong. I also like how underneath her suit of armor and strength, there is a bit of a girly side of Erza and she will do anything to help her friends.

Ookami Ryouko is also badass. Even though they say she's actually really weak and needs to be protected, I'm pretty sure Ryouko dished out more beatings on tough gangs guys than Ryoushi did with his silly slingshot.

i gotta go with Rachel from case closed. She punches through a concrete pillar in the first episode as a reminder to shut up. And then continues to be important and beat the crap out of bad guys occasionally. Most of the others i know have already been mentioned though, like hawkeye. There's also that BB buster from Beet: the vandal buster, but i can't recall her name. She's ridiculously strong from the first time she's introduced, since she can take out three mid-level busters using their most powerful weapons in something like one hit.