Amy Winehouse found dead

RazorDan

Singer Amy Winehouse, 27, has been found dead at her north London home.

A Metropolitan Police spokesman confirmed that a 27-year-old woman had died in Camden and that the cause of death was as yet unexplained.

The Brit and Grammy award-winner had struggled with drink and drug addiction and had recently spent time in rehab.

Her record label Universal called her "a gifted musician, artist and performer", adding: "Our prayers go out to Amy's family, friends and fans."

She pulled out of a comeback tour last month after a disastrous appearance at her first gig.

Full article here

I don't listen to her kinda music, but even I admit she was talented. A sad waste of life and talent. RIP.

The weird thing is that she joins the '27 Club' of other famous musicians who have died at 27: Kurt Cobain, Jimi Hendrix, Robert Johnson, Janis Joplin, Brian Jones

Koby, that is severly and utterly mean to say about someone. You act like her life was meaningless. Drug addiction is not a funny thing, and even if you were to joke about that, its nothing to joke about. Drug and alchohol addiction ruins lives.

"One drug addict down, millions to go," You should be ashamed.

And, kreepindeath69, thats even worse. How could you laugh at someones death?

@Prince, you can butter it up and try to sound all sympathetic all you want, but Koby actually put it pretty lightly there, the bitch had it coming, it was disgustingly plain and obvious. Death ain't funny, but in this case it's very, verry hard to be sympathetic towards her.

Koby, that is severly and utterly mean to say about someone. You act like her life was meaningless. Drug addiction is not a funny thing, and even if you were to joke about that, its nothing to joke about. Drug and alchohol addiction ruins lives.

"One drug addict down, millions to go," You should be ashamed.

And, kreepindeath69, thats even worse. How could you laugh at someones death?

I'm sorry but I have no sympathy for bitches like that.

After watching my sister fight for every last second of her life --- I no longer have sympathy for those who don't give a shit about their life and try to abuse or throw their life away. As idl said Amy Winehouse had it coming and she got her just deserts for doing what she did. Her music was pathetic, and she failed at life.

There are so many people out there that deserved life, fought for their life, but it was cut short, yet people like Amy who simply don't give a damn survive, slowly killing themselves.

Whatever. If it helps you talk about the dead like that, go ahead. And I don't care who you are, no one is a failure at life. People tell me I'm a failure at life all the time, but I'm sure as hell not gonna believe them. And no Idl, death isn't funny, but some people are making it out to be pretty darn hilarious, and I think that's just wrong. You should NEVER laugh at ANYONE'S death. Period.

Yeah, no one's death should be laughed at. So let's all gather together and mourn the following people -

OsamsBinLaden2Lrg.jpg

adolf-hitler_7.jpg

It doesn't matter that they committed mass genocide to prove a point. It was because they were "confused" and turned to drugs, alcohol and God to get through it.

That's something I like to call Grade A Bullshit.

People make choices on their own. And people are only called a failure in life after they're dead. What did Amy Winehouse ever do in life?

Release crappy music, take drugs and alcohol and flush all the money down the drain.

In fact, this is what people think in their minds. There are just very few who speak it out loud.

Plus, I never have any kind of sympathy for suicide cases. They're all whiny pricks going around begging for attention, which they finally get after getting killed, at least for a few weeks.

Seriously, I have a message for every suicide nutjub - "You think you have a problem? So do a billion other people. Deal with it. It's called life. If you want out, be my guest but don't go around threatening to do it in public."

Iki, how the hell are you seriously comparing Amy Winehouse to Hitler? God, seriously? Grow up.

And another thing. I don't feal sympathy for MOST suicide cases. But when your told every dau of your life that you mean nothing, beaten up, harrassed, called names, sent to the hospital TWICE because other people didn't like you, that's when I feel some sympathy. And BTW, Iki, that almost happened to my friend Alanna. She was bullied almost everyday for about ten years. One day, someone told she should go kill herself becayse not even her mother loved her, so she went home and swallowed over 50 different pills with vodka. She was almost dead when her mom found her on the ground in the kitchen. Luckily, she pulled through and is now getting psychological help. And those bullies, yeah, they now feel like complete and utter shit because, whether they see it or not, they were the reason she almost died.

So don't you DARE talk about suicide like its nothing. Don't you even dare. You know nothing about what other people are going through. Who are you to pass judgement like that?

Okay, you just gave me an example of ONE friend. I can name out at least 7 RELATIVES of mine who I don't give a shit about anymore.

I'm just about sick of people defending these guys. So I'm gonna give myself out as an example -

Age 7, the only kid in school who can fluently speak English, so good that he has difficulty speaking the local language and isn't able to mingle with other kids his age. He gets the highest scores in class and is appointed the class Incharge by his teacher but it's meaningless since he's made fun of by everyone else.

Age 10, Middle school starts and the kid still doesn't have anyone he can call a true "friend". He spends all day engrossed in books and is immensely saddened by life, so much that he starts smoking just to get his nerves down. His heart rate often goes through the roof and many a days, he has to cry himself to sleep.

Age 13, the kid has had enough. He's been bullied everyday of his life as far as he can remember. The parents can't help out because the kid doesn't know how to tell the problem. He considers just ending it all so that he could be free from the shit called life.

Age 15, screw the world. They think they can mess with the kid? They're fucken wrong. They think they can just push the kid around and keep pushing him till he cracks and offs himself? fuck them. I make my own rules. I decide how things go from now on.

Age 17, high school. The kid started pushing his way around and soon enough, he was noticed by all the teachers and students, whether as a trouble maker or a role model. All the bullies were dealt with by the kid himself.

So yeah, people can talk about "people they know" all they want.

I WAS one of them. I was treated like crap all my life and no amount of praying or good will did anything.

You wanna fix your life. Do it yourself. Stop smoking. Stop drinking. Stop taking drugs. Get a hold of yourself.

Otherwise just take your life and become a nameless suicide case in the police files.

Okay, I'm soooo not condoning suicide, if that's what your thinking. I'm even part of an organization called "To Write Love on Her Arms," because I'm saddened that other kids have to think that suicide is an option. I am bullied too, so I know how it feels. But Iki, you seriously can't think everyone who commits suicide or even considers it is a horrible person. All I'm trying to say is that me and her were extremely close, ande now were not because she is psychologically unstable right now. I know how suicide effects people around you, and I just took it very hard that you woul scoff suicide as "oh, they just need to deal with it,". Sometimes, its just not that easy. And remember, not everyone is as strong as you and me. Some people just CAN'T stand up for themselves. Not everyone is strong enough.

I'm glad you were able to show those bullies who's boss, as I try to do the same everyday. But when you are a sickly, 95 lbs. girl who was abused her whole life, thats very hard to do.

EDIT: I agree with Kappuchu. She died, and I'm done trying to convince people that life is precious. This is my last post on this thread.

Again, I still think its wrong you compared Amy to Hitler. She wasn't evil just because she did drugs.

Again, I still think its wrong you compared Amy to Hitler. She wasn't evil just because she did drugs.

He wasn't. He was pointing out that given your line of thought, you're somewhat of a hypocrite. You sympathize with Amy for a reason but it's also that very reason that you should also sympathize with Hitler, etc.. yet you don't. So while you tell us we should sympathize for x-reason, you don't. You can't just pick and choose who you sympathize with and then pretty much call us mean heartless monsters because we find flaws in a certain way of thinking and do not sympathize with someone you love/like.

The fact of the matter is her choices in life brought her to this conclusion the same with Hitler and there is nothing about either of them that we can see reason to sympathize with.

Someone blows their head off because someone called them ugly? Well no sympathy there. It's their own fault for killing themselves over something said. No one forced them to believe what was said, no one forced them to end their life. They chose to do it so why should I sympathize with such an idiot?

Call me heartless, call me a monster, but I call that simply being human. If you want sympathy there must first be something there to actually have sympathy about. Suicide does not count. There was other options for your friend as well. As for Amy she chose to say No, No, No.. to rehab. Heck she even wrote a lame ear bleeding song about her choice to not go.

Now lets say i have certain drug related problems, you count me in that "millions to go"? Well aint that just sweet

That's not exactly what I meant. Although I can see how it could be interpreted as such.

What I meant is a drug addict has only themselves to blame if they die because of their addiction. There are a lot of people out there willing and able to help with addiction. Amy in particular refused to get such help even though she clearly acknowledged she needed it. So her death was more or less of her own doings and I cannot sympathize with someone who caused their own death as with most drug addicts.

Now I can sympathize with drug addicts who acknowledge they have a problem, need help, attempt to get help, but it fails to work, and they die because of a habit they were trying to break. However Amy had no such judgement and so why should I sympathize over the loss of her life when she herself didn't give a damn about her own life?

I'm not trying to argue or force anyone to agree with my line of thought, I just think she hasn't earned the right to get my sympathy and that is that and I don't appreciate being called names simply because I don't share your opinions. There isn't any reason why we should need to argue or debate this. We each have our own opinions and you shouldn't try to force everyone to either agreeing with you or being tagged as a mean heartless monster.

That's not exactly what I meant. Although I can see how it could be interpreted as such.

What I meant is a drug addict has only themselves to blame if they die because of their addiction. There are a lot of people out there willing and able to help with addiction. Amy in particular refused to get such help even though she clearly acknowledged she needed it. So her death was more or less of her own doings and I cannot sympathize with someone who caused their own death as with most drug addicts.

Now I can sympathize with drug addicts who acknowledge they have a problem, need help, attempt to get help, but it fails to work, and they die because of a habit they were trying to break. However Amy had no such judgement and so why should I sympathize over the loss of her life when she herself didn't give a damn about her own life?

of course, no one can tell you what you should sympathize over, and in fact if i were to make up a list "people, who i would mourn" right now, Amy doesnt hit it by a long shot. and yes, i guess she is to blame that after her death first thing most people remember is her addiction. I bet she doesnt care, though