Anime with the worst ending.

Nero D. Ace

okay, so in this thread, we are going to list every anime so far that has had an intriguing story, and a great/average start and middle but an absolutely HORRIBLE ending.

i'm gonna start with Gurren Lagann. i just felt that they could have ended it in a better way than they did. it was almost as if they were trying to just get it over with.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spiral

It was perfect, suspenseful, action packed, genius, and then it just ends without accomplishing ANYTHING at all. It definitely needs another season and it deserves it.

Claymore

All that happened and she fails to do what she set out to do and then the story just ended? Come on they need to take revenge on those who set them up and end everything once and for all.

Gantz

Gets to where it's suppose to start getting good and they just stop? Yeah that makes lots of sense. NO it don't. Season 3 please.

There is lots and lots like these that I could just go on and on about but I'll choose to end it now.

Guess I'm the only one here who thought Gurren Lagann's ending was perfect as it was Xp sad ending where almost everyone dies just wins in my opinion(take note Naruto)

Anyway, I really thought darker than black could have ended better, the entire series was just amazing, I almost consider it equal to gurren lagann and while the ending was pretty sad and overall a good one, it's just really hard to consider it as the ending. I mean there are too many things left unanswered, it desperately needs a season 3 hell , Hei's such an awesome character I wouldn't mind watching an entire season of him just making groceries or something.

And believe it or not, I never really liked the ending for the original Full metal alchemist, it was good, but it just didn't seem right, Brotherhood came along and fixed that though.

Other than these two, it's just the obvious ones like Soul Eater, D Gray man and Trinity Blood.

Spoilers ahead.

Eureka 7. A great mecha with a bunch of cool battles going on, the usual amount of pseudo science, and whatever all building up and.......boom. A laser the actually carves a heart into the moon? The crappy thing with the grandpa and those three kids and the old guy disintegrating for no reason and all of that? Just seemed like something I'd see on Sailor Moon, not a mecha no matter how much romantic crap they shoved in it.

The Soul Taker: Just bad, I mean, the writers must have gotten lazy and just let it go.

Samurai 7: Meh.

DRAGONBALL GT: F*** that show, glad it's non-canon! Goku turning into a kid was one thing and trying to make it like dragonball instead of Z was another, but just no! No Goku on Shenron, no seeing the future crap, just no!

Original FMA Ending: I can see the flaws and how much it departed from the manga, but I personally liked that ending. In fact, I liked it all about equally to brotherhood's plot (writing and art direction is another matter entirely), but I can see why some people hate it.

I totally agree about samurai 7 and trinity blood having a bad ending, but i might be harsh on anime sometimes because i think so many have bad endings if they give a good enough closing, like desert punk, it's wide open for more in so many directions it's not funny. I mean come on you can give an anime a close and still have opportunity to make another season or generation of it. Bad ending-Toko!!!

Desert Punk's ending ticked me off. Gurren Lagann's ending I somewhat expected, but it did feel like they were fishing for a way to cut the series short. Having a character you like die off (like in Samurai 7) does epically suck, but it sometimes adds depth to the storyline.

I would have LOVED to have seen Tsubasa Chronicle finished and not be left with the sense of abandonment. 52 episodes and the OVA were no where near what the manga covered! The MASSIVE leap the OVA makes from the last episode is confusing to people who never read the manga in the first place, and takes some mental back-tracking for those that read it to keep up...