Terra Nova

L4ugh

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

reminds me of Jurassic Park. Lol.

One of my fav series. Recently i tried to get my bro into it, he fell asleep after 5 minutes. *facepalm*

I started watching Terra Nova a few days ago and already reached the last episode they made. Its cool, but nothing special, the story promised more than it gave so far. The biggest reason why it made me keep going is cuz i wanted to hear the commander's story. x.X

• 2 weeks later...

I was really happy when Shannon fixed the whole future interference problem, but then they had to go and open that stupid container. I was really hoping they would finally get to the business of trying to survive in a dino infested world. Only thing that seems to have happened is a switch from one unwanted plot focus to something that will likely be even less wanted. I guess I'll just have to except the fact that this show isn't going to be the one I wanted, and hope that enough of what I do want falls through the cracks to keep my interest.

I think this show probably only has about a 60% chance of making it another year either way. I just hope that another network sees the potential of it and not only picks it up but gives it a fair budget.

Well I really enjoyed the finale more so than the journey to that point. I was glad they opened the container instead of waiting to show us what was in it next season (if there will even be one). This show was nothing like I expected it to be but it was still a decent watch. Hope it gets renewed because most of what else is on TV is garbage crime copycat shows. FOX has stated they will not make any decision whether to renew the show or cancel it until 2012. So we'll just have to wait and see. We all know how bad their rep is when it comes to dropping shows.

I want to see them meet with more dinosaurs. The political stuff is interesting cause if you were going to set rules you know thats what you would do in that situation. But I wanna see more adventure from this series if it lasts long enough to get a season 2.

I also wanna know more about the planet they're on, they said its not the actual earth but they say it is the past.

Well actually it's another dimension, not just the "past". They are on a completely different timeline.

This is why they can mine the planet for all it's materials without affecting the "future".

It appears to be left open for another season, and It was pretty good for a local TV show, so I think it will be back.

I'd like to see more dinos as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i had hope for the show, but in all honesty for me it just died half way through the pilot. i did watch the whole season though out of a mix of hope and boredom.

I love originality in any form. I dont mind if large parts of a show are recycled or tired as long as one tiny aspect is unique, but this was homogenous. For me they never actually found their own story, but tried to take aspects of other shows/stories and jam them in together with a poor script and acting where some of the props gave better performances.

I read through the thread and saw a request for reasons why people feel the way they do. but be warned i type quickly so things get long :P

Let's look at the dinosaurs, billed hugely in the adverts and you would have expected some conflict and struggle against them to be a large factor in survival in a prehistoric world but no.. these were at best a minor nuisance. This is sci-fi right, so if you change the dinosaurs to hostile aliens and then rerun this show with that level of conflict you would just ask why? why are they even there? You would stick them on a barren moon and be done with it.

So one arguement could be that actually the most dangerous thing back then were renegade humans! But was it really? There is a reason why the majority of shows have the heros on the team with less man power, resources and higher risk as it's more compelling. Few people are meant to be cheering against the underdog regardless of motives.

Lastly the 'drama' aspect of the show which amounted to weak family tension and petty politics that seemed to just fall over itself into plotholes. It wanted to be Lost, it failed horribly. Compare the attempts to deal with an isolated society and the issues involved with Terra Nova, to that of how they did them in the Battlestar for example.. it's a world apart.

sorry for length, gratz if you read all of it! i really don't do things by halves :)

so i suppose i could ask now to those that have declared themselves as fans of the show, why? what is it that you love so much that this show does that isn't done better by others?

I read through the thread and saw a request for reasons why people feel the way they do. but be warned i type quickly so things get long :P

If this is referring to my earlier post. It was because people were just posting stuff like, "it sucks, don't bother". Posts like that don't really add anything to the conversation, and like the ones I quoted in that post. They tend to get deleted as spam, and rightfully so.

so i suppose i could ask now to those that have declared themselves as fans of the show, why? what is it that you love so much that this show does that isn't done better by others?

Don't know if I'd consider myself a true fan yet, but what I like about it so far is the idea of a group of people trying to survive in a prehistoric world along side dinosaurs. While this doesn't really seem to be the direction this show is headed. I still think it's a pretty good drama. No worse then the beginning of Lost imo.

Now that they opened that container, I'm afraid the show will take a noise dive in the worse direction possible. Similar to what SeaQuest DSV did in it's second season.

• 2 weeks later...

‘Terra Nova’ Cancelled

After days, weeks, months of speculation if FOX would bring back their big budget prehistoric adventure - Terra Nova has been officially canned. We asked a few months ago if Terra Nova was a disappointment. Gathering responses from here, Twitter, Facebook, and just the internet in general – it seems to be a solid 50/50 split. Some thought it had creativity and could only get better if it had a second season. Others (like me), felt it was just another show built up from hype only to disappoint.

Seriously, a dinosaur was sent to the future to help save the past? Or was it a dinosaur was sent to the present to help save the present from the past destroying our future?

Terra Nova produced decent enough ratings for a scripted show, but for its budget and overwhelming expectations, it was likely best for FOX to dispose of it. Think of this as a positive though. With both House and Terra Nova not returning, it can only help out Fringe. With the possibilities of syndication after a potential season five, Warner Bros. is likely to offer Fringe at a discount price to FOX.

Granted, the money budgeted for both House and Terra Nova will probably go towards next seasons new pilots (please, not another Seth MacFarlane show), but one could only hope.

Are you sad to see the dinosaurs die off yet again? What was in the Badlands? What is to come of Alcatraz now?

Source: http://thevoiceoftv.com/news-and-gossip/terra-nova-canceled/

I'm disappointed in this news. While Terra Nova wasn't excellent by any means, and certainly not what I expected it to be, I still enjoyed it enough to watch it weekly while it was airing and the finale really made me ponder just what the hell part of a viking ship was doing so far back in time and what would become of that discovery. Sadly we will never know it seems.

It was to be expected though after all FOX is known to drop shit like crazy. Nearly every show I did like that actually got dropped was FOX related.

Guess we can chalk up another scifi kill to Fox, at least they have something their good at. Killing the hopes of scifi fans everywhere.

Hopefully a network like Syfy will try to pick the series up. Lord knows they could use a new currently airing series now that they killed off the Stargate franchise. Only problem is that the director and other key staff would probably change, and a huge crash in budget would probably occur as well. In the end it probably wouldn't be worth watching, kind of like the old Andromeda series.

At least we still have Falling Skies and The Walking Dead.