Terra Nova

L4ugh

Starting in September Fox will be airing a new scifi series called Terra Nova. The story is about a group of settlers from the future that travel to the prehistoric past to try and save the future. It sounds like a cross between the series Lost and the old 80's cartoon Dinoriders. The question I'm wanting to ask is does this show really have any hope of lasting since it will air on the network that is known for killing good scifi?

I love scifi and hate that there is so little of it on tv today. It's seems like it has everything it needs to be successful except for that fact that it's going to be on Fox.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been looking forward to it since I first heard about it months ago. However sadly.. like most of the talk about this show I think the same.. as in I doubt it'll last more than a season or two before they cancel it. Not because it's not good but rather just because they like to cancel stuff because it doesn't meet their unrealistic goal of viewers. Unless it's CBS and another CSI spin-off then it's near impossible to get the viewership the station wants to achieve for most of their shows which is why FOX and NBC cancel so many shows.

• 5 months later...

Terra Nova follows the story lines of the Lost world, with a twist of that they wanted to go live there. Its been awesome so far and the dino graphics don't disappoint much. Though the more the story is unfolded, it seems it wouldn't last passed this 1st season of theirs. I don't like much sci-fi's but terra nova is impressive and I'd like to see more jungle adventures.

and it was so crazy, that the guy who plays the son is from Degrassi xD.

Wow, I thought this thread died before it ever got off the ground. I am liking the show so far, but I don't think it has the staying power it needs to survive on Fox. It could make it on Syfy, but Fox wants to much out of a scifi show for any to really ever have a chance. I was also kind of hoping for more interactions with the dinos, but I guess Fox doesn't want to dole out for the special effects. I do think Taylor riding on the back of a slasher would be pretty sweet.

Wow, I thought this thread died before it ever got off the ground. I am liking the show so far, but I don't think it has the staying power it needs to survive on Fox. It could make it on Syfy, but Fox wants to much out of a scifi show for any to really ever have a chance. I was also kind of hoping for more interactions with the dinos, but I guess Fox doesn't want to dole out for the special effects. I do think Taylor riding on the back of a slasher would be pretty sweet.

I agree. I have a feeling Fox will drop it as they seem to always do so with these types of shows. Honestly while being fairly good it's been somewhat of a let down. They don't really have enough to do with them actually being in the past. I'd love to see them explore the jungles more, show more dinos, the plants of the time, etc.. Instead it's all been a political mess of two groups warring because the future wants someone else in charge so they can bring people back and harvest the world to make money. It's just not been anything like I expected.

Dont waste time watching it people!

It's not good at all :-??

How about you try giving a little more detail about why you think it's so bad. Just saying it sucks is nothing more then spamming. If all I wanted was a simple opinion, I would of made it a poll. I'm not trying to flame on anyone here but I'm interested in knowing what people think about the show and if they think it will survive. If you don't even think it should, then please explain.

As I have said before, I am really enjoying it. I hope they continue making it (even if it has to move to sci/fi) i would still buy it. I don't mind to "political mess" as Koby put it.

If they continue making it (there is only 13 episodes in this season) I will watch it. Not only because the taste is right up my ally, but also because it was flimed in Australia ^.^

I want to see them meet with more dinosaurs. The political stuff is interesting cause if you were going to set rules you know thats what you would do in that situation. But I wanna see more adventure from this series if it lasts long enough to get a season 2.

I also wanna know more about the planet they're on, they said its not the actual earth but they say it is the past.

LOL. I like the show...it's intelligent and the drama forces you to sometimes root for the bad guy. I suggest watching the first 4 episodes before making any rush judgement.

What some people are forgetting...the dinosaurs thrived for millions of years! I think they can squeeze out a few seasons of action and drama before they have to address that.