What animes have made you cry?

kazuo_kiriyama

Very end of Code Geass made me tear up a bit. Also in Phantom Requiem something very twisted and awful happens to a very loveable character which may have caused a single manly tear to fall. The worst had to be in Clannad Afterstory though. Not the character death, but that other part... Completely made me lose control of my tear ducts for about 10 seconds.

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never actually cried at the end of any anime. But one that really moved me was Dragonball GT. Simply because I had seen Goku go up against such tough odds time and time again and at the end of DBGT they really show him 'ascend' and become a higher being, as well as a legend who showed humanity what it means to be a hero.

Any moment when you cried watching your anime. Mine was the end of Angel Beats, very dramatic, and also Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood…

when Father dies in front of Trisha's grave.

You're slightly mistaken there friend. It wasn't Father who died in front of Trisha's grave, it was Hohenheim. Father was the original homunculus, who later gave both himself and Hohenheim identical immortal bodies.

As for me, Code Geass R2 made me cry. There are few things more noble in my opinion than being willing to die for the world, and intentionally making it so that the entire world hates you. There are obvious similarities to Dune, where Leto II the God-Emperor basically did the same thing (conquered the universe, enslaved it in the worst possible way, and then arranged his own death), but I could never really feel emotion from that series. I think it was because it's damn near impossible to relate to Leto: he was never human to begin with and his goals and aspirations are so far removed from human that its impossible to actually feel anything for him. Good story nonetheless.

You're slightly mistaken there friend. It wasn't Father who died in front of Trisha's grave, it was Hohenheim. Father was the original homunculus, who later gave both himself and Hohenheim identical immortal bodies.

As for me, Code Geass R2 made me cry. There are few things more noble in my opinion than being willing to die for the world, and intentionally making it so that the entire world hates you. There are obvious similarities to Dune, where Leto II the God-Emperor basically did the same thing (conquered the universe, enslaved it in the worst possible way, and then arranged his own death), but I could never really feel emotion from that series. I think it was because it's damn near impossible to relate to Leto: he was never human to begin with and his goals and aspirations are so far removed from human that its impossible to actually feel anything for him. Good story nonetheless.

whoops! sorry, my bad, I meant Hohenheim.