World War III

Koby

What do you think will cause World War III? Obviously, it wasn't the Cold War nuclear weapon build up game between the US and the USSR, nor was it the recent War on Terror. I think when ever Taiwan decides to formally declare their independence, China's going to retaliate with an attack. Then Japan and the United States will probably get involved, and that'll start a world war 3. Whatever it may be, WWIII will feature weapons of mass destruction and the loss of countless lives.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you think will cause World War III? Obviously, it wasn't the Cold War nuclear weapon build up game between the US and the USSR, nor was it the recent War on Terror. I think when ever Taiwan decides to formally declare their independence, China's going to retaliate with an attack. Then Japan and the United States will probably get involved, and that'll start a world war 3. Whatever it may be, WWIII will feature weapons of mass destruction and the loss of countless lives.

If the P.R.C. was to fire on the R.O.C., then they would have to deal with american warships between the Island and the Country. And it would pull Italy and the UK in because of their military ties to the US.

Well it looks like our old, good, friend President Tom of Iran wants one to be started. Him and Kim Jong.

I say it is likely to happen because people as Americans, I am an American, cant learn from past mistakes. We are always trying to avoid fighting and it looks like we even seem to push 9/11 aside as well.... maybe situation. Well that is what it feels like to me. I really say we would have already been done with Iraq and places like Iran if politics would just learn to butt out of the way the military needs to handle things.

Well it is widely believed that Isreal has Nuclear Weapons. If Iran tries to wipe them off the map as they keep saying, they themselves might get wiped off the map.

North Korean people see the US as the villian though. We should have shut off the country from the outside a long time ago. Just make a global econmoic embargo on them and beef up border security, and they will fall or be overthrown. Something will happen.

I am sure that North Korea will be the cause of WWIII. The Government continues to produce nuclear missiles and weapons. They have marches with warheads to display their power. They have been warned and continue to ignore everyone and countinue with their war effort. If that does happen, and N.Korea strikes first, casualties will be massive with the technology we have today. All the different kinds of weapons, biological, nuclear, we even have lasers now. WWIII will be ugly. They will lose the war though, no doubt in my mind.

• 1 year later...
Guest Mithra

Wow, nice topic. I'm new, but I love to debate. Truly, I thrive on it. Anyways, World War 3. They say that if we, the U.S., get involved in Darfur, we'll need to re-instate the draft, but IDK. Anyways, I think that the end times are coming, and that in 2012, Jerusalem will become its own country, like Washington D.C., you know, like independent from the countries around it, and from there the Anti-Christ will rise. Almost ten years after that, Ahura-Mazda will come, and druj(evil forces on Ahriman, a.k.a the Anti-Christ) will be destroyed. To much info for your brain? I know, its a lot. Basically, I think that the Anti-Christ's returnm is right around the corner, and that we'll have a few years of utter chaos, and people will go crazy. It doesn't matter what war is going on, your backyard will be a battle of it's own. This is coming, it is fortold in ancient religions, and th signs are relevant, its just most don't see them.Wow.....that my first post.....good eh? I know, You all probably think I'm crazy.....

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

This is late (obviously) but Im writing a paper, and possibly a book if I like how the paper goes, about the total causes of WWII. Most note worthy is actually the great depression. If I had to say it was happening, it will happen in the next 30 to 40 years. After that, with the technology we will have and the possibility of life in space, politicians will be to busy gawking and arguing to actually think of declaring a real war.

WWIII is gunna be brutually badass. in a way i hope it never happens but ya know in a way i kinda wanna watch a plane fly overhead and feel the creepy time standing still sensation as i watch the bomb head ever nearer the ground...its gunna suck oh believe me its gunna suck but hoefully it would be painless. but thats besides the point i think the cause of WWIII is gonna have something to do with korea and greed inside the U.S. considering how half of our elected officials are making money off of the manufacturing of guns and ammunition

I hope for the day WWIII happens... it is inevitable... we are only humans, so it will definitely go down. I really hope it happens while I am around. Hell, and if I am going to die in it, I hope I get drafted, so that, once I've had enough of it and it gets boring (if I live long enough) I can kill all of my units people, then make a suicide run on the enemy and go out like that.

"I like annihilation war.

I like blitzkrieg.

I like shock war.

I like defense war.

I like encirclement war.

I like breakthrough war.

I like retreat war.

I like exterminatory war.

I like withdrawal war. " - Major Montana Max, Hellsing Ultimate OVA 4

Everyone knows it will be over something stupid, that doesn't matter, that, if the nations of the world would just completely cooperate, it would be solved without any problems. It'll start small, and gradually grow, allies turning on each other, then joining ex-allie's enemies, but then betraying them, ect... Until the reason for the war is lost, and it just becomes part of life. At some point it will end, and NO ONE WILL LEARN ANYTHING. maybe another 100 years later WWWIV will take place (If a world ending event doesn't take place first).

?!?!?!?!?!? kill the guys in your own unit???? you are a dick if you even think like that!!!

i can see a civil war. people charging taxes on solar power machines after we run out of gasoline and coal, then violence. and then america tries to make other countries go solar. then we meet WWIII.

Eh, I just lack the ability to care about human life besides those I consider friends. I am not a completely shitty person. By, "once I've had enough of it..." I meant a few things. If my mind just couldn't take the constant fighting, I honestly just feel like giving up on life, or other things along those lines. If I am to be in WWIII against my will, due to being drafted, I would serve honorably for a few years... but it all depends on if my mind could put up with it. I pretty much know in a war, I would eventually be killed, so I might as well go out in a way that is entertaining to me. If I decide I don't wanna continue going like that while I am at HQ or whatever, I wouldn't kill my unit, I would get into the weapon storage and blow it all to hell, along with everyone at the base... on the field I would take out my unit (if I could) and then suicide run.

If I were to become friends with people in the unit, I would either tell them I am going to do it, and tell them to avoid being near me, or just avoid shooting them to the best of my ability... I would probably fall behind purposely so it would be easier to pick people off without being shot first, and I would let the ones that are my friends live (wouldn't even defend myself if they shot at me in defense of the other unit members)... I have compassion, just not towards strangers and people I don't like.

But hey, I will ask my unit if any of them go to this forum under the name double_n, that way you can shoot me then and there, and keep me from possibly killing everyone in our unit a few years from then, lol.

See you all on the battlefield when it all goes down!

a bit of light humor. I admit, since its in my family's blood to be soldiers or fighters of some kind at some point, I would be curious as well. But I feel if it would happen it would be well in our generation that it would. Though I forsee the main force being information and threats, much like a world war combined with the tactics of the cold war.

Im ironically writing about the causes of WWII, how the great depression was mainly responsible for it, and comparing it eventually to the events in our time that will lead to war possibly.