RazorDan

Is Code Geass overrated?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Is Code Geass overrated?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I watched it.. I loved it. I even gave it a 10/10 originally.

However thinking back on it, the story was terribly paced and terribly told. They used deus ex machina at every possible moment to further the story because they couldn't come up with viable ways (or didn't want to think that hard) to advance the plot. Overall it was rather a mess. Sure it was an entertaining mess, but a mess nonetheless.

Therefore, do I think it is over-rated? Very much so. So many other shows have done much better at story telling and pacing yet didn't receive any recognition at all, but Code Geass even with it's ton of faults, is highly rated, and talked about greatly. I'm not sure if there is any Anime fan that hasn't heard of it (they may not have watched it, but they certainly heard about it).

Honestly, what popular anime isn't overrated? what popular song/band/singer isn't over-hyped, overrated and misleading? Code Geass was indeed a great show, I honestly can't say it's overrated since I don't really spend time crticizing shows, I just enjoy them, Code Geass was rather enjoyable, I honestly couldn't notice the flaws unless I combed the episode with a fine toothed comb, So people will say it's overrated, but honestly, it had everything I was looking for in a great show, so I'll say it isn't.

Honestly, what popular anime isn't overrated? what popular song/band/singer isn't over-hyped, overrated and misleading? Code Geass was indeed a great show, I honestly can't say it's overrated since I don't really spend time crticizing shows, I just enjoy them, Code Geass was rather enjoyable, I honestly couldn't notice the flaws unless I combed the episode with a fine toothed comb, So people will say it's overrated, but honestly, it had everything I was looking for in a great show, so I'll say it isn't.

Yep, As Idl put it - it was good enough for me. He also makes a great point about any "popular" anime/musicians being exaggerated and misleading. I considered it excellent for what it was, though Koby also has a point. However I think the usage of deus ex machina is essentially what kept the series kind of suspenseful? It kept my attention, overall I want to say the series was great - but people are just making the cup runneth over.

I personally believe that no matter how many negative observations made about the show and still enjoy it, you can still say "it has a lot of crap in it BUT in my PERSONAL experience I enjoyed it"and I did enjoy Code geass regardless of the flaws

The only thing I really liked about this anime was the art and the mecha. It took me a really long time and an enormous amount of concentration to finish Code Geass. It mean it was quite entertaining but story wise, I got lost after a few episodes. Everything just suddenly became so convoluted and messy that I just couldn't understand what was going on. Entertainment wise I found it quite enjoyable but it still doesn't change the fact that I think it's extremely overrated. (Not as overrated as Clannad though. Never.)

The only thing I really liked about this anime was the art and the mecha. It took me a really long time and an enormous amount of concentration to finish Code Geass. It mean it was quite entertaining but story wise, I got lost after a few episodes. Everything just suddenly became so convoluted and messy that I just couldn't understand what was going on. Entertainment wise I found it quite enjoyable but it still doesn't change the fact that I think it's extremely overrated. (Not as overrated as Clannad though. Never.)

I totally agree with this post. I loved the art style, but that was the only thing I liked about the anime. I don't know what it was, but I thought Code Geass was extremely boring. Granted, I haven't been able to bring myself to watch the second season. So I don't know how it compares to the first.

In short, yes, I think it's overrated.

I can not believe some of you think Code Geass is overrated. I can not think of a better animation then code geass.

What i like most about it is the love that Lelouch had for his sister Nunnally and how he wood do any thing for her like give up his right to the thrown. Take up the name Zero and start a Rebellion to create a kind world for her.

That and it has Mecha and Power's.