RazorDan

Is Code Geass overrated?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Is Code Geass overrated?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't think it's overrated at all. I haven't analysed it that much so I haven't really thought about any of the flaws but what I really loved was how I could relate to each side in equal amounts, there was no defined good and evil like there was in for example Soul Eater. It is similar to the reason why I love nabari no ou, I really liked most of, if not all, the characters so I was always interested to see how they would act when in conflict with each other.

I don't think code geass was overrated, code geass has the action of a mech anime with the plot twists and intellectual battles of death note. Its one of the few animes that i can say didnt have a single episode that disappointed me. Its also one of only animes that ive watched that i can give a 10/10 rating

I've only seen the first season, and don't know if I have the energy or will to watch the second. I would have been fine with Lelouch if he would have taken the "Light" route and just been a complete ass the entire anime. Instead, he sometimes acts nice, both as Lelouch himself and as Zero, but then when the going gets tough, he'll go against his own morals if he has to. Not exactly a straight-up jerk, just a confusing, convoluted character.

It's much better if you watch them all at once, especially the second season. For most of the people I know, the difference in whether they loved it or hated it depends on whether they had to wait a week for another episode or not.