Best / Toughest boss fights ever?

The Joker

Nyx in Persona 3

20 mins to beat him because you have to drain his life 13 times! What makes it harder is he shifts his arcana so your just stuck using Fuuka to find his weakness while you use different attacks looking for a weakness.

No other boss fight comes close to him on the Insane setting.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok got a new one its not a boss fight but the 200 foot turtles from ff13 are harder than the bosses

Those things are tough, but only if you're under-leveled. The hardest thing on FFxiii without a doubt was Vercingetorix. I can honestly say that I hit retry more times against it alone than I did with all the other fights combined!

Anyway, got another set of Boss level fights to share with everyone:

Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce - Chapter 6 (Any faction)

Chapter 6 is the elite of the elite, and as a result, you really have your work cut out. In the three missions before the final rematch against Lu Bu, you have to defeat the death versions of the guardians (Wu Tigre - Death Tiger, Wei Phoenix - Death Phoenix, and Shu Dragon - Death Dragon). These things have an insane amount of health, and while you're trying to keep them occupied, you also have to keep an eye out for Lu Bu and Diao Chan who want in on the fun.

If you've only got basic level weapons, and don't you the over-kill chi set-up, this fight can take the best part of 40 minutes, with Lu Bu constantly returning after every 2 minutes wanting another rematch, and Diao Chan playing medic to the creatures.

Hardest boss fight . . . lemme see . . . hardest boss fight . . . hmm.

Well for its time the fight against Darkfalz was tough at the end of Phantasy Star. Also, the third boss fight in Shinobi was rough (the master system version not the arcade, the arcade was a joke). Then of course there's M. Bison for SF 2 and Gil from SF 3. However, all in all I'd say the hardest/best/most rewarding boss type fights I've seen in video games were the naval battles in Skies of Arcadia, imo.

• 4 weeks later...

Gabrielle Celeste/ Gabrile Celeste(in Star Ocean Second Story) this guy is bad ass right to the bone i must say one strike 9999 enough to kill you huh? however he doesn't only strike once not twice not even three times but as long as 10 times(In Star Ocean) and about 30-50 hits lost count(in Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth) btw in VP he doesnt deal 9999 he deals 10k+

The toughest for me would have to be the first boss of Dragon age 2 on Nightmare difficulty, I haven't gotten past him as of yet.

The best for me would have to be Frog Vs Magus in Chrono Trigger, the music, the setting, it's one of the key moments I remember about the game.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Toughest... its tied between two

The First is Feral Chaos from Dissidia Duodecim Final Fantasy,It is easily the hardest boss I've fought in any game why...his attacks can break you with ease,his HP attack are AOE,Suck you into the Attack or it homes into you,He has high HP 100k+ and the max damage you can do to him in one shot is 9999 so it takes awhile,oh and hes massive as hell....took me forever to kill him with Cloud Strife...

heres the video for it be warned it's kinda long...

y6GcBmlpQEU

and the 2nd hardest was Necron from FFIX I always had a hard time surviving without Auto life D: he just spams ailments like a jackass T.T

• 2 weeks later...