Best / Toughest boss fights ever?

The Joker

Inspired by a recent battle on Dragon Age origins, I want to know what boss battles for you have truely been incredible, and are head and shoulders above anything else that you would've expected.

A few of my personal favorites are:

The End

Game - Metal Gear Solid 3 - Snake Eater

As a lover of using a sniper rifle in games, The End was one of the best opponents I have ever encountered. Although an old man, The End was an amazing sniper, and when facing him, battles against him would easily go well into 2 or more hours, as we both used tried to find each other in the huge battle are spanning 3 zones.

Liquid Snake / Revolver Ocelot

Game - Metal Gear Solid 4 - Guns of the Patriots

A truely epic final battle to end a truely epic game series. Squareing off against Liquid on top of Haven, in a battle of pure fists and endurance. A brilliant final battle, with references to all the previous games in both characters actions, and the fighting music.

So, those are a couple of my favorites, be interesting to see what everyone elses are!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

your right about those MGS boss fights they were pretty fun. Sephiroth was pretty tough and so was either emerald or ruby weapon i forget which ones which these days lol. Also what was that thing in the basement on resident Evil 4 the one you had to freeze then shoot it or run until the lift arrives he was a bit tough too.

Yeah, I agree that the most challenging always feel the most rewarding. Black Phantom Satsuki on Demon's Souls was the proof of that... the strongest foe in the game, unlimited max healing items, and a guy who only needed to land 2-3 hits at most to kill you

Satsuki? Which one was that? Lol. I remember I got one of my powerful katanas from slewing a phantom during the very very very first pure white or pure black tendancy events (I think it was during Halloween so it must've been PBWT). Arguably I haven't had anything as challenging as the various bosses & even some of the regular monsters from Demons Souls.

My Toughest boss, is the hellgates in The Last Remnant, I still cant beat him, and I don't really wanna start again,

that or the end bosses of ninja gaidain 2

but im all time favourite boss fight is going up against Wesker for the first time in Resi Evil 5

Actually, lurking through the forums - the best boss fight imho is from Earthbound. Final Boss is defeated not through the player's raw strength but it's actually part of the game that you succeed. (Basically your party's healer prays to the people that they helped & they all pray back for your party's safe return) and that's what kills the boss =O Man, they should remake the Mother Series for newer gen consoles.

Yeah Dead Space 1 and 2 boss fights are awesome but arent the toughest boss fights ever. Right now all i can think of RE5 being chassed by Wesker and Jill lol. it was funny how wesker just casually walks around looking for you while your holding your stomach and crawling away lol, and scary at the same time. Exciting non the less. And the final boss with Wesker was indeed exciting and tense since i had no ammo what so ever lol and took a few atempts to finish. Talking about this makes me wanna play RE5 again.

I've never had much problem defeating bosses in single player console games. I might have failed a couple of times, but usually it only takes that many tries to conquer a tough one. Now, I'll be honest with myself and admit that possibly the toughest boss I've ever encountered in a video game was Twinrova in Ocarina of Time (master quest). The difficulty of it could have been attributed to my terrible controller, which was slightly broken at the time, but aiming the mirror shield just right in that small window of time was aggravating.

Now, games that I feel pose a bigger challenge? Some of the raid bosses in WoW were just downright mean!!

In original, the Four Horsemen in level 60 Naxxramas. The mechanics of the encounter take a lot of patience and timing to execute, and while that sounds like a simple thing for one person to master, try getting a whole 40-man raid to get it down just right. First world kill took a whole two months after the raid was released!! A shame the encounter was removed in the level 80 remake.

I've never had much problem defeating bosses in single player console games. I might have failed a couple of times, but usually it only takes that many tries to conquer a tough one. Now, I'll be honest with myself and admit that possibly the toughest boss I've ever encountered in a video game was Twinrova in Ocarina of Time (master quest). The difficulty of it could have been attributed to my terrible controller, which was slightly broken at the time, but aiming the mirror shield just right in that small window of time was aggravating.

Now, games that I feel pose a bigger challenge? Some of the raid bosses in WoW were just downright mean!!

In original, the Four Horsemen in level 60 Naxxramas. The mechanics of the encounter take a lot of patience and timing to execute, and while that sounds like a simple thing for one person to master, try getting a whole 40-man raid to get it down just right. First world kill took a whole two months after the raid was released!! A shame the encounter was removed in the level 80 remake.

Lol, speaking of failing numerous times - has anyone played the surgery games from Atlus called Trauma Center? I would like to nominate the "boss" operations as several of the hardest sequences I've encountered. Regardless of whether you're using the Wii/DS to play the games - you have to be really quick with your hands and know exactly what you're doing or you'll screw everything up real quick lol.

Lol, speaking of failing numerous times - has anyone played the surgery games from Atlus called Trauma Center? I would like to nominate the "boss" operations as several of the hardest sequences I've encountered. Regardless of whether you're using the Wii/DS to play the games - you have to be really quick with your hands and know exactly what you're doing or you'll screw everything up real quick lol.

I have never played that myself, but it sounds like I'd be good at it. I'm a dental assistant so I am usually doing that on a daily basis. :P