Favorite FF Character & Why

Magnarave

I agree, while Ramza was not my favourite in FFT, he was certainly much better then some of what we are given today (Vaan). Personally my favourite in FFT was Norma, my katana wielding, teleporting summoner who also may of had Blade Grasp ( I can't remember if I was able to fit it in). Also, the pants are never irrelevant.

I got so attached to my numerous generic characters (I had stories and personalities for all of them!) I had a moment of angst when I realised the number of "unique" characters I had yet to gather in the game far outweighed the number of empty spaces I had for them. Instead of fire my generics, I started a new game, weeping copious tears.

I agree, while Ramza was not my favourite in FFT, he was certainly much better then some of what we are given today (Vaan). Personally my favourite in FFT was Norma, my katana wielding, teleporting summoner who also may of had Blade Grasp ( I can't remember if I was able to fit it in). Also, the pants are never irrelevant.

I got so attached to my numerous generic characters (I had stories and personalities for all of them!) I had a moment of angst when I realised the number of "unique" characters I had yet to gather in the game far outweighed the number of empty spaces I had for them. Instead of fire my generics, I started a new game, weeping copious tears.

Exactly, after spending a quarter of the game with said characters it becomes painful (at least for me) to even think about letting them go. I mean, I had a hard enough time releasing/poaching the monsters I caught for breeding purposes in order to break the game as much as I could. More games need to give us the option to craft and mould our own characters, I think just having that option would make playing RPG's much more enjoyable.

Damn this is a tough choice, I'll just list my top 5 for both male and female final fantasy characters.

MALE:

1. Vincent Valentine: A Badass half-breed who weilds a triple-barrel pistol and wears a costume that just screams Alucard

2. Genesis Rhapsodos: A Man of Many Talents, always reading from his book of LOVELESS

3. Galuf: A true man up until the end, his death had me in tears.

4. Sephiroth: No comment

5. Barret: A Badass guy with a badass gun

FEMALE:

1. Claire Farron: no comment

2. Celes: The first videogame character to bring me to tears.

3. Aerith: Again, had an emotional impact on me

4. Rosa: Her and Cecil are my favourite FF couple

5. Terra: Her being Human/Esper completely took me by surprise

• 2 months later...

My favorite would have to go to either Celes Chere or Terra Brandford. I simply love Terra because FF6 was the first Final Fantasy game I fell in love with. She has the sentimental value for me. However, I feel that Celes is a deeper character overall. I love the Opera scene with a passion. And, the scene where she throws herself off the cliff is just heart-wrenching. It is a tough pick for me.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have a lot!
FF7
Tifa- I really like characters like her, she's tough and pretty! LOL
Zack- He's really bubbly, and I like how he matured into this awesome person.
FF8
Zell- I like how he moves whenever there's a battle.
FF9
Vivi- no comment.
FF10
Auron- Coolest guy I've ever saw in the Final Fantasy Series.
FF12
Balthier- He's the one I liked the most in FFXII, along with Fran.
FF13
Fang- She's freaking strong! Also, her summon is Bahamut, what's not to like?

• 1 month later...

Has to be Claire Farron...come on..she's the cool older sister we all wish we had

For a second I was like, "Who's Claire Farron", haha. So used to her being called 'Lightning'.

Anyway, my favorite character is Ifrit. He counts as a character, right? How can anyone not like him!!? If we're talking Humanoids though, I kind of liked Alyssa Zaidelle. Ah, what a heart breaker.

./Edit: ... Okay, being totally honest, the Chocobos are the best thing to ever enter the final fantasy universe!

Edited by Breathless

Has to be Claire Farron...come on..she's the cool older sister we all wish we had

For a second I was like, "Who's Claire Farron", haha. So used to her being called 'Lightning'.

Anyway, my favorite character is Ifrit. He counts as a character, right? How can anyone not like him!!? If we're talking Humanoids though, I kind of liked Alyssa Zaidelle. Ah, what a heart breaker.

./Edit: ... Okay, being totally honest, the Chocobos are the best thing to ever enter the final fantasy universe!

Actually thats a good point...does our favourite character to have to be restricted to humans or humanoid characters, because if it included like all the monsters, my favourite would actually be the various behmats(???), tonberry, or chocobos, especially the FF's where the chocobos are amoured and used as mounts for knights like in FF tactics

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Claire "Lightning" Farron. There are almost no anime's or video games where I even remotely like the female characters and in fighting games like Mortal Combat or Soul Caliber I avoid the female characters like a plague and go for the most balanced, intelligent, strong, good guyish or anti-hero, character. But when I picked up FFXIII I was like holy crap. A female lead with a good head on her shoulder's, a normal unrevealing outfit, a cool weapon, and oh by the way she's sassy and has comebacks. Plus she's the militaristic team leader of this mary band. Yeah I'd say she's my favorite character by far.

• 3 weeks later...

Garland, because he will knock you all down using the Armstrong technique passed down for generations!

I lied.

My favourite FF character is Tifa, because she can shake an entire castle with a kick. And also because she's really sweet. She beats out the rest of the FF VII cast as well as Kefka. She's cute and badass.

• 1 month later...