Favorite Anime

maher23

Which is your fav?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your fav?

• Naruto
    • Bleach
    • One Piece

I could never pick just one, I've been watching anime for about 30 years now, the best I can do is provide a smattering of those that I have enjoyed watching and rewatching over time. In no particular order we would be talking about Star Blazers/Yamato (first saw the english American version and then tracked down fansubs of the original in the mid/late 80s), Gunbuster, Gundam Seed (loved just how well all the elements came together in that one for me, it is in my top ten of all animes because of how well it worked for me), Bubblegum Crisis 2040, Fruits Basket, Maburaho, Mahoromatic, Code Geass (another top ten contender, absolutely brilliant piece of work IMHO), Neon Genesis Evangelion (original series, but I also like the two rebuild movies released so far too) Birdy the Mighty Decode, Hellsing, Vampire Princess Miyu, Tenchi (all of them, but especially the OVAs/Ryo-Oki storyline and GXP too), Please Teacher (don't know why, but it always makes me want to cry a little it pulls at my heart so) . Those are just a smattering of what I have seen in total, and not even a complete list of my favourites, just those that I really liked that came to mind off the top of my head.

I hope this doesn't violate the intent/spirit of this thread looking for a favourite one, I really could never choose, my mind would change on which one was the absolute top from day to day depending on my state of mind at the time, there is simply too much good material out there that I have seen for me to be able to point to just one that is always going to be my absolute favourite anime. I like most anime genres as a rule, I am more concerned with how good of a story is being told, how well it is told visually as well as vocally/audio, and how much it connects with my emotions honestly (as I do not like blatant emotional manipulation, too heavy handed throws me right out of the mood),

Hope this helps.