Anime that has gotten people into anime

Vael

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I haven't tried to introduce my friends to anime because they are more interested in going to nightclubs and getting drunk off their faces but as for me I've always loved cartoon ever since I was young so basically watched cartoon network everyday and when I was about 12 years old I was watching adult swim and Neon Genesis: Evangelion was on and that is what hooked me onto anime

The anime that got me into anime was Evangelion. I didn't know that anime had some many interesting plots til a friend of mine showed me evangelion. Although i have watch dragon ball and other animes but I thought they were only to children.

The show that got me watching anime at first was the amazing Tenchi Muyo Ryo-Ohki series when it was on TV, i think around 1999 or 2000 and from that i jumped to DBZ and Hunter x Hunter but didn't watch anything more recent until about a year ago.

Recently my tastes have changed entirely due to Clannad :) but I still watch some shows like FMA, Blood+, and Baccano!.

I started out with hell girl about 2 years ago. However now that I think back, if I had watched it now I would have really appreciated it's uniqueness over the many other anime that I have watched that all have similar plots and character design etc. All anime are unique in there own way but hell girl is just like right out there away from the rest and it really makes me think higher of it.

All and all I would suggest an anime such as death note, hell girl, bleach, naruto, code geass, etc.. An anime with a dub is a lot more appealing at first site to newbies! However if it has a bad dub they'll simply back off.

I guess it's the ones you can watch on tv...like my first was YuGiOh, then I got hooked to YuGiOh GX (generation X! Game On! Get your game on! Come on now, better play your cards right! Game on! Get your game on! We'll make the grade and win this fight! *cue guitar solo* We'll make the grade somehow! YEAH! YUGIOH GX!!! - okay...Imma stop now before it gets outta control...) and YuGiOh 5D's (Earth bound immortals and road to destiny!) but also shows like Sonic X and Dragon Ball Z (god, I lurves those animes...SHADOW FTW! GOTENKS FTW!). Anyway there are others like Samurai X (in english but Rurouni kenshin in Japanese...I stayed up until 11 just to watch this! It's too awesome.) and Samurai Champloo...Oh and we cannot forget Boxer Joe (I never got the title of the show...but it was about boxing so I called it that...late one of my friends told me the correct name was Ashita no Joe) and the Speed Racer (Speed racer! Go Go Go! *old 60's music solo* *cue cool action race scenes!!!*). ALSO AFRO SAMURAI!!! LLLLLAAAAA! GOTS TO LOVE THAT SHOW!...sigh but I can't remember too much of it...just that I was pissed when the samurai died...pissed as hell...Also, prince of tennis!!! I LOVED WATCHING THAT ON TOONAMI!!! Also MAGICAL DOREMI!!! (I got a secret I can't tell! Guess I better cast my spell! Don't you worry! Just you wait! Everythings gonna be great! Just like magic, watch and see! Magical DOREMI! Just like magic, 1-2-3! Just like magic, that's me! BI-BI-BI BI-BI-BI BI-BI-BI! This ol'wtich is mad and green, the meaniest witch you'll every see! You've got a broom and I've got wand! We've got a friendship, we've got a bond! Just like magic! Watch and see! Magical DOREMI! Just like magic 1-2-3, Just like magic! YOU AND ME! JUST LIKE MAGIC!! WATCH AND SEE! MAGICAL DOREMI! LIKE MAGIC 1-2-3! JUST LIKE MAGIC! BUM-BUM! WOOT BEST SHOW A 5 YEAR OLD ME EVER WATCHED!) Naruto eventually came along, but compared to those old animes it was nothing!!! Babbling and rammbling are old habits of mine...who chose to die...awesome topic!

My mom and dad were two people I thought would never enjoy anime. Obviously, I had no agenda to get them to watch it. However, I introduced my brother to Case Closed/Detective Conan a little back. He borrowed them and watched them again with my parents. Now mom and dad are buying Case Closed off of amazon!

I guess if you know some people who like NCIS or mystery shows on regular cable, Case Closed might be a good starter.

Naruto and One piece is what i would suggest to my friends.Its great way for those who r new to anime.

# Both r the best series ever.

# Both concepts of the series are simple and quite popular (nauto=ninja & one piece=pirates)

# Graphics and Animation are not complicated and greatly presented.