Anime that has gotten people into anime

Vael

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only anime series' that got to me was Gundam. All it's series' (starting from Gundam Wing up to today) caught my eye. For some reason it really bridged a gap between me and my inner-self. Call me crazy and all, but this anime' is what changed my perception of life, and in turn taught me some values as well.

It was my uncle when I was younger who got me into Sailor moon. I have friends who watch anime, they just don't know its anime and when I try to explain it to them, they're like ...whatthehellareyoutalkingabout *stare*

If you were trying to get someone interested in an Anime, You would generally pick one which suits there interest. Say you had a friend interested in cars, then you would tell them about a car themed anime and see if they like it. (I cant think of one atm, but you get the idea)

I used to watch a lot of stuff when I was younger, although living in the UK, the variety was quite limited. As I'm sure has been mentioned countless times, the classics for me back then were Pokemon, Digimon and Dragonball/Z.

I didn't really watch anything for a while, then my brother started watching Full Metal Alchemist and we watched that together so I guess that was the first thing that got me back into it.

Having said that, the first thing that I actually chose to watch myself were the first series of Digimon after joking to friends about how funny it would be to watch it again.

I have to admit, I made fun of anybody that watched anime for years! Until one day I got stuck with a college suite mate who watched nothing but anime. I would glance from behind while he watched things like Trigun and Cowboy Beebop and secretly enjoyed what I saw, though I didn't admit this to him for quite some time. He finally talked me into watching Full Metal Alchemist with him and we sat and watched every episode plus the movie.

I used to refuse to watch anything Sub'd, watching all of the English dubbed of One Piece and desperately wanting more anime. So I watched all the English Bleach episodes and was furious there were more than double the episodes in Subs so I gave in and finished out the series. Debating if I'm going to finish out (catch up) with One Piece since Dub'd is only on 205 right now out of the 400+ sub'd. And I just finished (as of half hour ago) all of the High School of the Dead series and definitely want more.

Short answer: Full Metal Alchemist, then Trigun, Cowboy Beebop, One Piece, Bleach, and now High School of the Dead.

(sorry for the double post) If you guys have any suggestions of any anime I might enjoy based off of the few i've seen, please don't hesitate to suggest :)

Oh, and I'm new here. Hope to get to know all of you and make my time here enjoyable.

Believe it or not the first anime I ever saw was on scifi late one night, it was called legend of the overfiend :0, really surprised the hell out of me, until then I hadn't really thought much about animation at all (it was quite a wake up about animes potential)