Favorite Books

Whiplash

geez there sure are a lot of Harry potter fans in here. I personally can't stand them, but perhaps I let those annoying films jade my judgment.

my favourite books are:

-Mortal Engine series (excluding fever crumb)

-Black magic trilogy by Trudi Canavan

-Sniper One by...bah can't remember.

-Artemis fowl (although this was from when I was a tad younger)

-Gaunts Ghosts series by dan abnett, a warhammer 40,000 series.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have read a great many books, mainly Fantasy stories. The latest series i am working on reading is Warhammer, very gory topic and it's got alot of authors who continue writing about it. My favorite one was about Chaos space marines, its called The Dark Apostle. i forgot the authors name but it was a pretty good book, if u get the chance you should read it some time

• 1 month later...

Forever War by Joe Haldeman

Amazing amazing sci-fi about a future war against bugs. The army uses near-light speed travel which makes an 8 year trip feel like 8 weeks. The book focuses on the feeling of isolation after returning to a home that isn't home anymore.

The Disposessed by Ursula le Guin

Awesome story of a planet and it's moon and their two VERY different societies. Brilliant stuff. le Guin is my favorite author. I'm just starting to delve into her Earthsea series, but this book got me totally hooked to her writing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Book? What's that? I got Google. xD

Cismigiu et. Company - Great book

Ps: I'm not really into books, to be more clearly: I hate 'em. But whenever I see a book with an interesting description, I start reading the first page and if I don't like I just throw it away, but if I like it, I'll devour it. This is how I find the perfect book for me. xD

• 3 weeks later...

My favourite books so far are the Enid Blyton books........Agatha Christie mysteries.......Harry Potter series.....all of Sherlock Holmes......Chalet School series.........Pride and Prejudice.......Kaleidoscope by Danielle Steele......Sweet Valley series........Little Women series.......Redwall series......Princess Diaries series........Anne of Green Gables series.......Twilight series.........Chickensoup books......Winter Solstice. I know it's all series and series but I've read tons of books and those are my favs^^

At the moment, it's probably The Millenium Trilogy. You know the Swedish ones that were recently turned into films. The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, Girl Who Played With Fire, and Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest.

Brilliant books by a now-dead author by the name of Stieg Larson. The main character is a young woman by the name of Lisbeth Salander, a computer hacker who worked for a security firm. In the first book, she gets hired along side journalist Mikeal Blomkvist to shed light on the disappearance Henrik Vanger's niece. The second has Salander being framed for a string of murders across the country with Blomkvist trying to clear her name. The third brings all the events to a very shocking conclusion.

If you like reading mystery/thriller/drama, then I would highly recommend these books.