• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  •  
  •  
  • sinnerman
  • Crusader
  • team_crusader.png
  • 2 posts

Godzilla: King of the Monsters   Not a fan of the old men in suits rubbish but have been interested  in Legendary's take on godzilla. Only saw the first film a few weeks ago on tv.

Saw KOTM in IMAX at the BFI and was not that impressed. Really did not like the film that much as have seen all the clips and was expecting more action so i ruined the film for myself.

I was hoping for decent length fights without it cutting away to humans but no it happened a lot. The CG for the monsters is great though  and i dig the designs of the main four even thoug hi am no fan of the old movies.  I still want the film to do well and will see Godzilla VS Kong no doubt.

I liked endgame better but am tired of superheros and would not mind seeing more monster verse films.

46 minutes ago, neodeathgod said:
  • I liked endgame better but am tired of superheros and would not mind seeing more monster verse films.

Yeah well, unless Toho (the company the created and owns Godzilla) approves for the Monsterverse to keep going, then the last movie in that cinematic universe is Godzilla vs Kong. Also no, the old kaju suits weren't entirely made out of rubber. Yes rubber was used in making the suits, but it was one component of many to put them together.

And if you're tired of superhero movies, there must be other genres or whatever that might've piqued your interest at some point.

Edited by Predaking-117

I like all the classic 80;s movies like Terminator 1 and 2, Robocop 1, Alien and Aliens but not 3 so much. Rocky and mad max films also. Pretty much all the 80,s stuff many fans love.

John carpenter films and horror flicks like the Evil dead trilogy plus many martial arts movies i still like. The Ray Harryhausen stuff i respect more then men in suits as the early godzilla films look really bad but i know it was an easy option to do then stop motion as that is so time consuming.

Don,t get me wrong as i have been watching all the marvel films since Iron man 1 and did like Endgame but now i just want a break from the genre.

I like a lot think Hollywood just have no good ideas or imagination and am jaded with all the remakes and sequels they churn out that are usually not very good.

The reason i am interested in the MV is because of the lizard itself as they are building up the lore and history of a monster that was worshiped as a god and has been

around for over two hundred and fifty million years and that it could wipe out the human race but has had some sort of relationship with people in the past.

That i would want to learn more of.

• 2 weeks later...