xbox kinect

DEATHxxx50bmg

whos been using that kinect lately. want what i thought but man my little cousin loves it. is it worth getting one.

I haven't tried it (or even have an X360 or plan to get one), but what I have seen of it, I don't really like it. It could make for a good laugh while watching others use it, though. It doesn't seem as good as it is and was hyped up to be. I would still prefer the PS3's Move over this, due it being more precise and able to be used as a controller. I heard it is difficult to navigate menus and such with the Kinect.

I've tried both the Kinetic and the Move, so I can cast a full judgement here. Kinetic is good providing you have a lot of room. The major flaws with it I found are that it didn't always pick up your actions, and as ragnawind said above, the menus were a real pain to navigate.

Personally, the Move wins hands down, but it'll be over the course of 2011 when the titles are released that we can really pass a full judgement on them.

I have the Kinect. The games are a little disappointing at the moment, but hopefully, we'll get better games with it. It definitely has a lot of potential. Like mentioned before, sometimes it doesn't recognize your movement. You need a lot of room for it. I can barely play in my room right now.

The commercials for the Kinect make it seem like everyone's living room is just so clear and roomy.

I got a kinect not too long ago games arn't to impressive visually but thats to be expected with any new product. The gameplay is really fun and a totally different experience which in my opinion puts the wii to shame. But the one thing that stands out about it is that it would make such a good drinking game! Especially Kinect sports :)

beware the Kinetic! there appears to be a connection between it and the red ring of death on 360's! Although Microsoft are denying any link, a lot of people are claiming that after setting up the Kinetic, they get the red ring of death on their 360's

I heard the Kinect was purposely only created to work with/be 100% compatible with the newer Slim Elite X360's. Using a regular white/old elite console may prompt the 4 RROD's but quickly turning it off and restarting it several times may put it back to normal.

As for my opinion on Kinect; I wouldn't get it unless you have the room to fully utilize it. My brother thought about getting Kinect for his Xbox but I talked him out of it because his room is simply too cluttered, and I don't think he's willing to continually and repeatedly unhook his xbox to take it and hook it up to our HDTV in our living room. All the wires behind his entertainment setup and computer desk... its a pain to sort through what wire is which.

When I honestly think about it, my living room is not that clear or comfy either... Surprised I was able to play Wii in my room before I moved all the furniture in it =/

the kinects is the stepping stone to something greater! although the tech was only licensed to M$ the potential for such a device is revolutionary.

I'm sure you guy's saw the recent series of Kinects hacks, such as using it to map out 3d spaces. to create robots, and virtual reality..

my favorite have been the recent Miku tech demos.. these are all PC based apps. as I said another company linsed out to M$ but otherwise they freely have PC drivers for PC users t use kinects as they see fit. seems to me M$ got ripped on the deal.. but I assure you and eyetoy wont compare to kinects. hopefully the kinects will be able to read facial and finger movements.. well someday.

I trust some have seen these vids

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I have the Kinect with my white xbox and it works fine. my bro has had the red ring of death on 2 of his xboxs and it is a easy fix but he has never used the kinnect. He said the main prob is just it over heating, like playing games 15hrs a day in his case. He fixed both of his xboxs with some £6 heat sink compound.

I have tried using the kinect I am honestly not impressed at all. I got use to the controller after a while, but I still would not invest in one. I like using a controller to play video games. Its how I have always played them. With a controller, or a keyboard. Plus the kinect forces a lot of unnatural moment while playing your games. I won't be getting one even if I did get a xbox 360.